Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick

Michael Vick

May the Eagle's lose every game this season. May PETA protest every game. May Michael Vick get struck by lightening and may paramedics accidentally hang him with the stretcher straps as they haul his dead ass off the field. He tortured and killed defenseless animals. There is no excuse and no atonement for torturing those who can not defend themselves. MAY KARMA HAVE HER WAY WITH YOU, MICHAEL VICK, YOU SORRY BASTARD.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

You're right Danine karma may still have her way with Michael Vick, lord knows he deserves it, he did allow some pretty evil things to happen to those animals. I do believe he should be given a chance to redeem himself and so far Coach Reid and the Philly organzation believe that also. Coach Reid knows all about giving second chances considering his kids are major fuck-ups themselves. I'm sure there will be protests at the games but I think most people want to see him do right and get back to playing football - he is a definite talent. Anyway it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I agree with you Danine. Some things are not worthy of second chances. The only thing he should be able to do now is ask "do you want fries with that." That he might go back to making a fortune playing football sucks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    You're right Danine karma may still have her way with Michael Vick, lord knows he deserves it, he did allow some pretty evil things to happen to those animals....

Let's not soft-pedal this, OK? He didn't allow some pretty evil things to happen (as if he were an observer on the sidelines). He committed horrible acts against defenseless animals, including hanging and drowning dogs which did not perform up to expectation.

This is not an individual who made a careless or thoughtless error. This is an individual who tortured animals for entertainment and profit - and regardless of his 'talent', any organization should feel tainted by any association with him.

He paid his debt to society. Go VICK I am a niner fanI wanted him on our team but I want him to do well. I guess no one here believes in 2nd chances right. Everyone on this thread is perfect I suppose with no dark secrets... Yes what he did was wrong an cruel and he went to court an was given prison time. Fuck peta they are fucken crazy anyways...

yep, i think he's paid his dues, about 100 times more than needed
    hope he gets back to normal life soon
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I said nothing about PETA; I have no respect for them as an organization. I also have no issue with second chances as a rule, but the fact that he did some prison time does not change what he did. More importantly, it does not change the fact that the sort of twisted human being who would commit such acts in the first place does not deserve to be a sports star and potential role model to young fans.

He paid his debt to society. Fine - let him go live his life. But a sports hero and celebrity? Hell no! Character counts (or it should). He's demonstrated his.

I was hoping Clevelend would pick him up so he would be playing in the dog pound every home game. Imagine Vick being a Brown and playing for all those fans wearing there dog masks. Priceless.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    I said nothing about PETA; I have no respect for them as an organization. I also have no issue with second chances as a rule, but the fact that he did some prison time does not change what he did. More importantly, it does not change the fact that the sort of twisted human being who would commit such acts in the first place does not deserve to be a sports star and potential role model to young fans.

He paid his debt to society. Fine - let him go live his life. But a sports hero and celebrity? Hell no! Character counts (or it should). He's demonstrated his.
    You said it for me. Thank you.

You Know,........When I was growing up as a kid, my Grandparents would have to euthanize kittens because there were just too many of them to have around. Drowned them in a bucket of water. They would also go to the market back then and, buy live ducks and chickens and, slaughter them at home to eat later that day. We never looked at the act as being cruel. It was a matter and, a fact of life. Dog fighting goes on throughout the world and, also down south. Its not something that I would do, nor a lot of other people but, its still being done. Hell, they eat dog in a lot of countries. Vick has spent his time. He happens to be a professional athlete. He shouldn't be deprived his livelyhood. It's a lesson learned. Let him go on with his life. I hope he goes on to do well in football and, his personal life. Good luck to him.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.