Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tampon usage for incomplete quads w/ sensation?

hate pads. they just end up a lump. the thin wing thingys are ok if I need both.

I have used tampons ever since I went to college, which was many, many years ago. The mess and laundry my mother had to do prior to my going college, due to my period, was way too much for me to want to take over once I left home. lol Besides, every movement I made in my chair I could feel it puddling up. I am a C/5-6 incomplete also with sensation. I have always had some finger movement in my right hand so that helped with insertion. Now that my hand is getting weaker, I had to switch to kotex tampons. Instead of having to squeeze the applicator and push it in, there is a little lip where I can hook my thumb nail on and push with index finger.

AD wasn't a problem for me when it was in. However, if it was towards the end of my period and a little dry I would get AD as I was taking it out.

I'm waiting for it to end. I still get it pretty regularly at 54. Only missed once. aarrg I think I am going for the Guinness book of world record for the oldest female continuing to have her period.

i am C5 and use tampons no issues.
    C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
    (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

It took me two months last year to master those, since I was paralyzed at 12 and too young then. I'd have to say I much prefer these to pads as well.

I have gotten AD, but not from using tampons. definitely prefer tampons over pads. I just feel icky when out of tampons. I do notice more spasticity and pounding headaches when I have my period, but it is not any different using pads vs tampons.

I would just recommend going with natural brands. Tampax, etc. contain dioxin, is bleached for whiteness & has fragrance to "eliminate odor". Do you really want to stick these toxins in such a sacred, absorbent place?
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi