Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i started fentanyl patch 2 hours ago what should i expect

i started fentanyl patch 2 hours ago what should i expect

its for neuro pain we came to the conclusion that its central nerve pain not periphrial because had an unsuccessful implant [neuro stimulator] july 16th among other reasons. so how long til i feel any effect its been 2hrs i know its long acting. but was just seeing anyone who used one has some info or anyone else. also, side effects, will it feel like the oxycodone or more or less. just curious thanks guys.
    Many Blessings,
    Josh

So we can say with confidence,“The Lord is So we can say with confidence,“The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6

Josh, many people have different responses. Please let us know how it works for you.

Hi Josh, did the fytenal patch help you at all? My neuro pain does not respond at all to opiates, I've tried many meds and I have still not found a combo that works for me. I take oxycodone to help with burning in my abdominol area but nothing seems to help my legs and hands.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Josh, update, please

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    sdfghjklkjhgfdx jhg vsfvb dribble....no wonder ya can't walk!! lol
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

hey guys...........
    so far its been a lil over 48hrs. im changing it late tonight or early tomorrow.....i know a bit early but 8-12 hrs after putting on it peaks and mine was put on at 3pm the 1st time so it kept me awake the 1st night. i have a hard time sleeping on any opioate so thats why. however i dont want to jump the gun but when i was kept up there was a significant amount of relief but that went away as soon as i did my bowel routine and my hemorrhoid[DAMNIT of all times] swelled up and bled a little. overall it seems to be taking the slightest edge off today but it takes a bit to get in your system.

on another note has anyone heard of combining this patch w/ methadone. using the methadone as a NMDA blocker?? im plannin on askin my pain mgmt doc sep 1st. sounds like a scary/risky combo but who knows may work. if that doesnt work im going to the mayo clinic in minnesota. my neurologist suggested it ive thought about it decided ill try a couple more things here[st.louis area] then im taking a trip.

ill keep ya posted on the patch and trip.....

i also have a baclofen pump and i know we are all different but what pain medicines have you heard or known to be most effective.

thanx all
    Many Blessings,
    Josh

So we can say with confidence,“The Lord is So we can say with confidence,“The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6

Josh, take it as the doctor wrote for. This is not a medication to freelance on.

Quote Originally Posted by PMR DOC View Post
    Josh, take it as the doctor wrote for. This is not a medication to freelance on.

I wholeheartedly agree to this! I just got off the damm things in May after starting ti the first of Jan and it was hell!!!!!!!! They can kill you ,man! You talk to your Dr before messing with the times of changing them!!!!!

Josh, please take PMR Doc's advice. Those patches are serious stuff. Use them exactly as directed, and don't mix in anything else without your doc's approval first.

For most people, opiates don't help central pain. I don't know as much about peripheral nerve pain, but perhaps they do some level of good there (though still nothing to brag about, from what I understand).

If you want my personal opinion, which is worth every cent you're paying for it, I think that perhaps opiates seem to help some cases of central pain because there is other non-neuro pain going on and when the opiates settle that down, the body doesn't have to deal with that stress and the neuro pain can quiet down a little. I hope that makes sense. It's just an unqualified theory I came up with, so don't take it for anything more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by PMR DOC View Post
    i think you guys misunderstood im not freelancing on the patch. im following the doc's instructions....she said if needed i can adjust the time to be comfortable. IM NOT JUST SELF MEDICATING NOR AM I MIXING ANY MEDS W/ THIS WITHOUT DOCS APPROVAL. i appreciate your responses.

david,
    it is central not periphrial. we found that out after 1 1/2 of treating for periphrial. so....im not sure what my best bet is. if you search any browser for fentanyl patch you find nothing but lawsuits n deaths[scary stuff].

ill still keep ya posted as you asked me but i hope you guys werent thinking i was just mixing n medicating on my own and just looking out for me.
    wasnt sure how to take that?? but im sure it was for awareness.

thanx all
    josh
    Many Blessings,
    Josh