Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How can I make my new chair the smallest, tightest, compact chair possible?

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock View Post
    I have zero camber and it reduced my chair width by 5 inches from 2 degree camber. It turns effortlessly, so unless you're doing a timed cone course I wouldn't worry too much about cornering.
    what the heck kind of chair was that?

my zra has 2 degrees but I'm wishing I got 4. how expensive is the adjustable camber tube?
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

I have zero camber and it reduced my chair width by 5 inches from 2 degree camber. It turns effortlessly, so unless you're doing a timed cone course I wouldn't worry too much about cornering.
    Five inches sounds like a lot to me for 2 degrees. (?)

Les-Why do you want more camber?

Since hanging out w/ Bente I think narrower = better. She is like completely accessible, none of this "Will my chair go in the bathroom?" And she FLIES, of course she's a para but cornering/balance/etc seemed to be no prob.

Well I went back and measured and it was 4". My first chair had a 2 degree camber and the chair I'm in now has zero. It went from 30" at the widest point to 26". Sorry for the confusion.

You're comparing two different chairs with different cambers, rather than the same chair with two different cambers? I'm not sure that is a reliable way to tell the precise difference in width attributable to reducing the camber from 2 degrees to 0 degrees, since there could be more than one variable.

What diameter wheels do you have?
    Well I went back and measured and it was 4". My first chair had a 2 degree camber and the chair I'm in now has zero. It went from 30" at the widest point to 26". Sorry for the confusion.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Les-Why do you want more camber?

Since hanging out w/ Bente I think narrower = better. She is like completely accessible, none of this "Will my chair go in the bathroom?" And she FLIES, of course she's a para but cornering/balance/etc seemed to be no prob.
    oh good point now that I can cath in bathrooms -via mitro- I probably should leave it as is. Altho my bro's bathroom is too narrow anyway. How wide is Bente's chair?
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

First chair had 24" wheels, this chair has 26", both chairs are quickie chairs, 18" wide frames. New wheels have spox hubs w/ spinergy rims, same offset pushrim.

Her seat is 12 1/2" LOL. All told, prolly 16".

First chair had 24" wheels, this chair has 26", both chairs are quickie chairs, 18" wide frames. New wheels have spox hubs w/ spinergy rims, same offset pushrim.
    I agree with Fololish, we are not dealing apples-to-apples here.

Looking at the TiLite Wheelchair Width Calculator, the difference between 0 and 2 degress is just over an inch and a half, 1 9/16" to be exact.