Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodstock, for us "oldsters"

Woodstock, for us "oldsters"

40 yrs ago this week-- Woodstock. Anybody here that went to it ??? I didn't but wish I had. Janis, Jimmy Hendrix, Richie Havens, Joan Baez , Joe Cocker,. Many other icons of the times, Not to mention "free love" !! Memories anyone???

I SO wish I had gone, especially in light of the fact that Janis and Jimmie were dead a year later. On the other hand, I was already in a chair then, and chairs in mud mixed with cow manure might have been a little dicey.

i just watched that on dateline......love it

i was a bit to young but man that would have been.groovy.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

I was only one year post in "69" at the ripe old age of 14. Wish I had been able to go, considering it was only 200 miles from where I live in upstate NY. but then again mom sure wouldn't have allowed it even if I could. i knew of many that went and they sure did rough it from what I understood. The stories I could tell you that I heard would blow your mind and did theirs. lol I didn't have that much of an appreciation back then with the concerts as I do now thinking about it, but being with "the group" would have probably been the highlite for me.lol As Eileen said, chairs in mud mixed wih manure would have been quite challenging. Back then you were lucky to be able to get into a restaurant.

I was a young 21, married, college student at the time living in Tulsa. There was no way I was going to be able to go, not even sure I was aware of it till after the fact. But looking back ----

I was a little bit too young to go, but I remember my grandfather (lived near Woodstock) commenting about the hippies, rain and mud.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

My friend David wanted to go but last time I got involbed in one of his "events" I spen three days in the slammer so decided not to go.. Dumb decision on my part, but ater being arrested 3 times with david I decided he was a looser.

didn't go

bill

When we heard that this great lineup was coming to Woodstock, my friends and I were stoked. Until we found out it wasn't Woodstock, New Brunswick.

bollofen-You'd have probably gotten arrested at Woodstock LOL. Some ppl are just not fit to hang around with. And jail at Woodstock would still be jail!

I was there a full week before the festival began setting things up. My camp site was minutes from the stage. The gathering was something no one had ever seen or imagined until it happened. Overnight, Max Yasgur's cow pasture became the 2nd largest city in the state of New York and the capitol of the new world.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg