Thread: Woman From Europe Headed Home-Godspeed, girlfriend!

Woman From Europe Headed Home-Godspeed, girlfriend!

She was having a case of the nerves, traveling is so stressful! So she called until addiesue came to take her to the airport. We reviewed whom to tip for best airport service...We have really over-complicated the tip issue in this country! We just don't realize it, as we are so accustomed. Hopefully Addiesue can loan her $10, although I know I never have cash when I need it. WFE had spent her American $$ down to the wire.

As I see it, you tip outside the airport, right? I never tip the airline employees that sometimes help by pushing me the 5 miles from Gate A to Gate Z (Houston, I'm lookin' at YOU!)

How the heck can a foreigner be expected to know all that?? We DO tip at Sonic, we DON'T at McD's, we should probably tip the ppl that carry groceries out although it's not a practice I've adopted. I have a feeling I should.

I did point out that if she graciously tips her skycaps and such, it will probably make things easier for the next 10 wheelers he encounters at work. Possibly the best reason to tip generously now, imo. 'd hate to come up against an airline employee that had just dealt with a whiny stingy wheeler. Actually, I think I did once-she made me walk 23 rows back, to my assigned seat, so as to not inconvenience the AB's that had not yet been seated!

THAT pushed my walking skillz.

I didn't tell Bente that story LOL. Given her nerves, she didn't need to hear it.

Wishing you a safe, incident-free flight! Enjoy your own bed, and snuggle those cats! I'm so glad you came!

I don't normally use the "tranporters" who push you through airports. The one time I did (long story), I tipped well.
    Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    She was having a case of the nerves, traveling is so stressful! So she called until addiesue came to take her to the airport. We reviewed whom to tip for best airport service...We have really over-complicated the tip issue in this country! We just don't realize it, as we are so accustomed. Hopefully Addiesue can loan her $10, although I know I never have cash when I need it. WFE had spent her American $$ down to the wire.

As I see it, you tip outside the airport, right? I never tip the airline employees that sometimes help by pushing me the 5 miles from Gate A to Gate Z (Houston, I'm lookin' at YOU!)

How the heck can a foreigner be expected to know all that?? We DO tip at Sonic, we DON'T at McD's, we should probably tip the ppl that carry groceries out although it's not a practice I've adopted. I have a feeling I should.

I did point out that if she graciously tips her skycaps and such, it will probably make things easier for the next 10 wheelers he encounters at work. Possibly the best reason to tip generously now, imo. 'd hate to come up against an airline employee that had just dealt with a whiny stingy wheeler. Actually, I think I did once-she made me walk 23 rows back, to my assigned seat, so as to not inconvenience the AB's that had not yet been seated!

THAT pushed my walking skillz.

I didn't tell Bente that story LOL. Given her nerves, she didn't need to hear it.

Wishing you a safe, incident-free flight! Enjoy your own bed, and snuggle those cats! I'm so glad you came!
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I usually tip the ground stewards who push me through the terminal. Bente, wishing you a good flight, a good first nights sleep at home, and another trip to the US. Next time come to the Northeast!

I never even thought of tipping them, my bad for real! The first time it happened I was so surprised I guess I took it for granted. Eeeeks, I despise being a bad tipper, so thanks for the heads up!