Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: God

God

I know that this is a touchy subject but ever since I got hurt 2 years ago my faith has gone in the crappier. A few days ago I waas just told that a friend of mine's 8 year old daughter has just goy cancer with a 20% survival rate. She is 8 come on now..... I know this isn't the place but I'm pissed and need to vent. The little girl is a week older then my own.. Now I really don't believe anymore and noone can change that. My bad for venting but needed to get it off my chest.
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

sorry to hear about the daughter
    yep, i lost faith years back
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I understand!

Not sure how anyone has any faith with what happens in this world. Everything is random and nothing happens for a reason. I'm sick of hearing how god was watching out for them etc etc. Why would god save or bless them and let so many that are so innocent suffer.

I think about this a lot too.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by gcblarsen View Post
    I understand!

Not sure how anyone has any faith with what happens in this world. Everything is random and nothing happens for a reason. I'm sick of hearing how god was watching out for them etc etc. Why would god save or bless them and let so many that are so innocent suffer.
    Because he works in mysterious ways, and he has a different plan for all of us

Each of us is our own god, and our conscience tells us what is right or wrong. Let that be your guide, and your god. Treat others with love and respect, and all will be good in the end.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I am always confused when one of my friends tells me pray for ____ they have cancer. In the same breath they'll tell you everything happens for a reason and it's gods plan. wtf? If it was gods plan to give ______ cancer how is praying about it going to take it away?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

While we're on it I live in a bible thumper town. Today a kid after my sons football game said god helped him play well. I'm thinking god really cares if they win the game? the funniest thing is their team is named the little devils.

Sorry about that... but it's true.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post
    I know that this is a touchy subject but ever since I got hurt 2 years ago my faith has gone in the crappier. A few days ago I waas just told that a friend of mine's 8 year old daughter has just goy cancer with a 20% survival rate. She is 8 come on now..... I know this isn't the place but I'm pissed and need to vent. The little girl is a week older then my own.. Now I really don't believe anymore and noone can change that. My bad for venting but needed to get it off my chest.
    The theological answer that is most logical to me is randomness. In life, there are no guarantees. Whether a higher power created us or not, randomness is the working of life.

If there ever was a god, who created everything we see, it's pretty clear he/she/it has moved on to bigger and better things and doesn't look back.

BUT

If it gives someone comfort to believe something,, who am I to tell them otherwise,,, unless, of course,, they try to tell me about it,, then all bets,, and gloves,, are off.

You want to believe in Jesus, or Jahweh, or the great spaghetti monster in the sky,, well that's your buisness. Faith is supposed to be personal,, right?? Then keep it to yourself, hoser.
    ed

I struggle with that alot...why some people (deserving or not) win the jackpot, the lottery etc. while others suffer such great loss physically or mentally or lose loved one's. God has a plan...everything happens for a reason...it was all written before you were born...things happen to make you stronger. How frickin strong do I have to get? I know what loss is...I catch on quick! Why do I have to keep learning? I'm paralyzed...I have MS too so I keep losing abilities and losing and losing and I don't know where it will stop. I'm scared to death and try to have faith but its really hard.
    "What has happened, has happened; What I am going through, I shall rise above; And what will come, I will meet with courage"~Hazrat Inayat Kahn