Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: I am feeling awkard surfing matrimonial site for THE disabled

The clock you speak of is very real. Indian parents let you know about it...over and over again. My brother is 30 and our parents have been telling him that "party is over" and it's time to settle down, find a wife and have babies! Talk about pressure.

Shwetarose,
    Forget about trying to find someone ring away. Like Betheny said, you may end finding the wrong guy and then you'll end eating more of your life. Dint stop looking though. Good people are out there.

I love Bollywood movies, not literally, for how people just break out into song and dance. Even better is how often they change outfits and locations.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    I'm so glad Kiran posted, as I am clueless about your culture. I mean I watch Bollywood movies, but I doubt the whole family jumps up from dinner for a little sing-n--dance session, like they do in those movies!

All I know is what is universally obvious-you are beautiful, you are worthy, but you have been hurt and made to feel neither of those things.

There's a saying here, not too nice but very apt: "Don't let the bastards get you down."

The boy that dumped you was a bastard. He had no strength of conviction. He couldn't resist pressure, even for love.

You don't have to marry a disabled person, unless you happen to fall for one. We're all just people...anyone that can't see that doesn't deserve you!

I hear you getting desperate, like there is a clock ticking. If you marry the wrong guy, that clock will tick slowly, endlessly, all your moments of misery. So try to forget the clock, ok? You aren't on a schedule. Make sure you get out and about, both on the computer and in real life. I have faith in your abilities-our disabilities ain't nothin' but a thang. Don't let yours define you because you had the misfortune of falling for a jerk...it happens to the best of us.

Have you ever seen him again, or did he vanish? I've wondered.
    Never Give Up!

No. i have some friends but not near relatives.

btw, my parents are not letting me go to another state and to be Outside India is Farrr thought .

For now, i will know the person more who have made entry without being with future fears

Are you Indian?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbleChef View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!! The mentality of India is hard to get over but you will find people that will look past your disability. I found the love of my life here. She is not Indian either. Do you have any relatives outside of India?

Bump. I am just updating the thread to let you know my friends what's been happening in my life.

Okay so I dated guy who was disabled. He had crutches and forked hands. We became very good friends but it didn't reached at soulmate level . May be our thoughts didn't matched and also we both felt that life becomes more challenging when we are together. That's it. Don't want to say much abt it. It's been over since 2 years and I am still looking for my guy. I surfed many dating sites of disabled some of US some UK and many more.

Xxooxxooo,
    Shweta.