Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am feeling awkard surfing matrimonial site for THE disabled

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    BTW, Indians in Britain, there are many many many.
    Unfortunately, the Indians in the UK are less progressive in their thinking than India. They came to the UK in the 60s and 70s and live in some kind of timewarp whereby pressures of marriage, caste, religion, wealth and health are still the be all and end all. Maybe we'll have to wait for another generation to pass by before we catch up.

Being Indian myself in the UK I struggle with the pressures of family, expectations and reputations all the time. It's not exactly what you need when you are dealing with so much else on a daily basis. But at the same time, being Indian is great - food, music, big familiies and all that jazz.

Hey, finally I get a chance to talk it out. Shwetarose I am Bhagyam from India..I went through the whole thread....Firstly I want to tell you....I face quiet a simialr situation as you did....I have polio, quiet independent......Guys do approach me....become good friends....get attracted to me but then the whole concept of taking responsibility comes into the picture....and they back off.....recently my parents have started to look for a boy for me....I am almost on all the matrimony sites as ever....the problem I face is since I have polio from the time I got into senses....never felt as a hassle or a obstruction...had people behave as normal with me as ever....but from the time this matrimony thing has come the disability in me has started becoming such a hindrance within me...when I like a guy who is good looking well educated and earns pretty well... I cant express interest because, I am handicap....and the boys who come my way are 1st not at all educated....where I am a scientist with reliance....or they are suffering from such severe disability that there is nothing i can say(no offense)...I do have polio...I walk with a stick....but I am a Masters from UK....I went all by myself with no help or relatives and managed pretty well....I did get a guy even in the UK who was pretty sweet but I still cant figure out whether I was his friend or something more.....now my family keep saying "we will look for a damn great guy for you...but you will have to adjust" they as me to make something out of myself(which I dont mind) and not depend on a partner for anything..
    Now at the same time if I did not have this disability.....there would be like a long Q outside my house...to begin with my dad`s friend circle....asking me to get married to their son......I understand that one person cant change the mentality of the society but then Y does this same indian society as us to live a normal life.....study lots....work lots....earn lots....but when it comes to marriage......problems lots.....
    I had lots of ups and downs but then my family did not ever make me feel it is due to the handicap but put forth that it is normal......but from the time this matrimony thing has come in.....my mind just doesnt stay steady.....
    I also dream of a dashing guy from the mills and boons.....he will sweep me off my feet.....but then this practical society says its impartical for me to dream so just because of a handicap I have physically.....none of us are mentally ill are we......but Y doesnt every1 consider us normal and let us live a normal life.....
    there is loads i want to share but then it would get too much....
    was nice knowning about this site...and will try my best and keep posting...hope you guys can allow me to join you all....

Bhagyam

Welcome Bhagyam

hey shweta there's actually a foundation for sci's called nina foundation u should look into it.
    Last edited by vaibhavjain; 05-20-2010 at 11:41 AM.

@mike Yes that is very true....i will take care.

@shiv yes i know you.

@ Pelican i didnt knw that Indians are same in UK as well..Indians too good but still there are many things wrong to fit their mind when it comes to visibility / showing / showcase!.

@ Bhagyam There areee many educated guys with Polio. Trust me. I met many in matri site. Bharatmatrimony and shaadi. They are right package for you ) educated, looks, job, financially. If u not getting, i will forward you their profiles.

@ Vaibhav Surely..

Welcome to CCC Bhagyam! I hope you keep writing here.

Shwetarose, you are such a nice person, and I hope you get what you desire because you definitely deserve to.

Shwetarose, do you ever reply to any of these guys that say hello to you? You have more ppl saying hello than any other girls on CC! How are you? I've been thinking of you. Sorry your old boyfriend got married. I just hope he is nicer to his new wife than he was to you, or she is in for a life of heartache.

shewta june 25th i sci awareness day in bbay, u should def make it. i might be making a presentation there, for my sci specialized rehab centre im opening later this year