Thread: White coating on tongue surface

White coating on tongue surface

hi, I have white coating on tongue surface since last year. I asked my rehab doc but he told me it was not thrush and advised me to see a traditional chinese doc.

Does anyone have this problem and do you think that the cause of the white coating is a sign of ill health or the inability to urinate and pass motion which causes it?

Quote Originally Posted by weimin View Post
    hi, I have white coating on tongue surface since last year. I asked my rehab doc but he told me it was not thrush and advised me to see a traditional chinese doc.

Does anyone have this problem and do you think that the cause of the white coating is a sign of ill health or the inability to urinate and pass motion which causes it?
    I would try Yogurt and acidophiles anyway to be sure. It certainly wouldn't hurt. Did you look it up at Web MD?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Rinsing with Listerine several times a day may help.

Look up geographic tongue in google. If this is it it is harmless but unsightly.

Sounds like yeast to me. Can you get Pau d'Arco tea in Singapore? It's great for getting rid of yeast.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

I use a brush to brush off the coating but usually it grows back.

If it is thrush it will eventually grow all inside your mouth & cause redness around your lips.I just know this from when I worked with young kids.They always needed a script to clear the fungus up.Other than that,I don't know what it could be.

It can be from plague building up or from something that you eat. Either way - keep up your oral hygiene and see if that helps at all.

CKF