Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 387

Thread: NFC East '09

  1. #21
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,972
    Hate to see a promising rookie go down with the same major injury. I don't know if he'll be able to come back after having two such injuries - his abilities will surely be affected in the future.

    In Dallas, Jenkins (projected CB starter) went down with an ankle sprain. And the other CB, Newman, went down with a groin injury. Neither are said to be serious, but we never get the truth out of these clubs regarding injuries. I'm afraid Newman won't be able to stay healthy - without him, we'll be hurting in the secondary.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  2. #22
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,972
    The Eagles sign Vick for two years. What do you Philly fans think?

    I know he's given the Cowboys heartburn over the years with his elusiveness. Wonder how Reid will use him...
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  3. #23
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412
    This will be an easier question to answer in hindsight. I don't think there is much downside. I think they have the room, and they didn't give him any guaranteed money for this year.

    He's a project. No doubt he has amazing physical skilz and a natural feel for the game. Football-wise, he can't help but help them, although it will be interesting to see how. I can't imagine that they brought him in to compete for starting QB - but one never knows. I don't think they've given up on Kolb as McNabb's heir apparent. I think they still like Feely. So,...??? Rehab and trade is a possibility - Fix and flip? Or maybe they have some grand scheme for some kind of gadget offense. You know they will try to get him on the field as much as possible. He's no good on the bench.

    As far as the rest, he did his time and is entitled to go back to work. He's got some heavy lifting to do for animal rights advocacy if he is to meet the terms Jeff Lurie presented. I know there won't be any third chance if he gets caught so much as running a red light. He knows that, and the Eagles aren't playing on that account.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    The Eagles sign Vick for two years. What do you Philly fans think?

    I know he's given the Cowboys heartburn over the years with his elusiveness. Wonder how Reid will use him...
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 08-14-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  4. #24
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    This will be an easier question to answer in hindsight. I don't think there is much downside. I think they have the room, and they didn't give him any guaranteed money for this year.

    He's a project. No doubt he has amazing physical skilz and a natural feel for the game. Football-wise, he can't help but help them, although it will be interesting to see how. I can't imagine that they brought him in to compete for starting QB - but one never knows. I don't think they've given up on Kolb as McNabb's heir apparent. I think they still like Feely. So,...??? Rehab and trade is a possibility - Fix and flip? Or maybe they have some grand scheme for some kind of gadget offense. You know they will try to get him on the field as much as possible. He's no good on the bench.

    As far as the rest, he did his time and is entitled to go back to work. He's got some heavy lifting to do for animal rights advocacy if he is to meet the terms Jeff Lurie presented. I know there won't be any third chance if he gets caught so much as running a red light. He knows that, and the Eagles aren't playing on that account.
    If they use him in the backfield with Westbrook, or even in the slot or split out with Westbrook in the backfield, well, that's downright spooky. Then there's the wildcat with those two on the field...also scary.

    I think he'll be a factor for Philly this year. I think it was a good signing.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  5. #25
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,972
    Nice looking very first drive in Cowboys Stadium by the Boys - against a tough defense. That is some stadium...I'd probably be watching the board the whole game if I were there, instead of the field. That thing is huge.


    Then the Boys go ahead and give up a big special teams play, plus a penalty. Sounds like last year in that area. Oh well, hopefully they'll get the kinks worked out by September 13.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  6. #26
    hell yea go cowboys

  7. #27
    Senior Member Hunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a wheelchair
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Nice looking very first drive in Cowboys Stadium by the Boys - against a tough defense. That is some stadium...I'd probably be watching the board the whole game if I were there, instead of the field. That thing is huge.


    Then the Boys go ahead and give up a big special teams play, plus a penalty. Sounds like last year in that area. Oh well, hopefully they'll get the kinks worked out by September 13.
    I don't want to crash the the thread but I downloaded the steam that vittle? sp? It worked but crashed because i had a bunch of browsers open. it worked for nascar and locked up but i have a funky computer that has been reborn
    If you find a stream let me know. I'm a Falcon fan. and I have to get moving on my picks. Falcons have a tough schedule this year from the start but I can't wait for NFL to get going! I need a manager because my wife beat me in fantasy football last year but not this time I'm not working so I have time to view stats. Don't let me hurt you.

  8. #28
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,972
    Jesse Holley, the reality TV show winner for a spot in camp with the Cowboys, made the practice squad. Must have been that punt return for a TD in the final preseason game. Reminds me of that guy who played for the Eagles a few decades ago, can't remember his name, but he came in off the street and made the team under Vermeil. I don't recall the exact circumstances. But it's nice to see Holley make the PS.

    eta: Here's the guy

    VINCE PAPALE

    Former Philadelphia Eagles Walk-On Legend
    Last edited by rdf; 09-06-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  9. #29
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunker View Post
    I don't want to crash the the thread but I downloaded the steam that vittle? sp? It worked but crashed because i had a bunch of browsers open. it worked for nascar and locked up but i have a funky computer that has been reborn
    If you find a stream let me know. I'm a Falcon fan. and I have to get moving on my picks. Falcons have a tough schedule this year from the start but I can't wait for NFL to get going! I need a manager because my wife beat me in fantasy football last year but not this time I'm not working so I have time to view stats. Don't let me hurt you.
    Haven't found a stream yet that's good and live, Hunker. I can't wait for the season to start either. One week to go, unless you're a Steelers or Titans fan. They play Thursday.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  10. #30
    Watch out for the Packers in the NFC this year

    Aaron Rodgers will only be in his second year as a starting QB, but i've watched him grow physically and mentally, i think he'll prove to be one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL. He has good size, a great arm, mobility in the pocket, confidence, knows our system inside out, is smart, and is well coached by McCarthy. We have a top notch group of WR's for him to throw to, Lee is a solid TE, and young/talented TE Jermichael Finley showed in preseason that he'll be another matchup problem. With reasonably good health, i'd put money on GB finishing with a top 5 offense.

    Our defense will dictate if the team is a legit contender in the NFC or just hoping to squeak out a wild card berth. Last year the defense was terrible, but Bob Sanders ran probably the most bland scheme in the NFL and injuries hurt the defense. Capers took over and he has a track record of improving defenses right away, but obviously that's not a sure thing it happens for us. That said, the defense has already looked much more aggressive and better compared to last year.

    11-5 or 12-4 is my prediction, but as with any team, bad luck health wise could derail everything. I think the four best teams in the NFC right now are the Giants, Eagles, Packers, and Saints.

Similar Threads

  1. NFL around the corner - Who's gonna take the NFC East?
    By rdf in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 279
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
  2. did japanese come from china?
    By adi chicago in forum Science, Medicine, & Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 09:03 PM
  3. NFC East Thread
    By rdf in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •