Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NFC East '09

You're talking about raw rookie Winston Justice giving up a dozen sacks against the Giants? Yes, not giving him some help was criminal. That's the kind of stuff that leaves me scratching my head. Trial by fire is one thing. Leaving a kid to get burnt to cinders is another thing entirely. To Winston's credit, he learned and grew from that experience. Not sure that Andy did, though.

We both already know that the "boys" will have their best performance during training camp. The Eagles will take the NFC East AGAIN if they can stay reasonably healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Nice analysis FO. But I think Reid should have gotten rattled when things went south a couple years ago when that OLineman was getting beat time after time after time, with no help from Reid. Being a little rattled in times like that can be a good thing, and make a coach send in some help, or yank the guy completely.

Good luck to the Eagles this year. Even though they'll lose out to the Boys, you still have a shot at a wild card
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 08-07-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    You're talking about raw rookie Winston Justice giving up a dozen sacks against the Giants? Yes, not giving him some help was criminal. That's the kind of stuff that leaves me scratching my head. Trial by fire is one thing. Leaving a kid to get burnt to cinders is another thing entirely. To Winston's credit, he learned and grew from that experience. Not sure that Andy did, though.

We both already know that the "boys" will have their best performance during training camp. The Eagles will take the NFC East AGAIN if they can stay reasonably healthy.
    Yeah, Winston Justice...thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten his name.
    Joe Banner certainly agrees with you - 'Best roster in the league?' I wait with bated breath until the day Mr Banner eats those words, which will probably occur in a playoff game when the Boys whoop on the Eagles. Just letting you know ahead of time, so you can prepare yourself by getting a Valium prescription to handle the subsequent depression
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Nothing to say. Just wanted to quote you so you didn't edit your post after the boys get beat down. How'd Dallas do in the playoffs last year?
    Yeah, Winston Justice...thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten his name. Joe Banner certainly agrees with you - 'Best roster in the league?' I wait with bated breath until the day Mr Banner eats those words, which will probably occur in a playoff game when the Boys whoop on the Eagles. Just letting you know ahead of time, so you can prepare yourself by getting a Valium prescription to handle the subsequent depression
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Nothing to say. Just wanted to quote you so you didn't edit your post after the boys get beat down. How'd Dallas do in the playoffs last year?
    Let the past live in the minds of the unambitious, and let tomorrow bring a new dawn to the Beast. Let the games begin.

Thanks!

How the hell did I miss dogpile on the Cowboys fan??

This is Winston Justice's Go big or go anywhere year.

Our starting middle linebacker is done for the year, but we have a good linebacker by committee in sophomore Joe Mays and Junior Omar Gaither (who is actually battling for the weakside spot.

Luckily we have VERY good DTs in Bunckley, Patterson, and Laws (two 1sts and a 2nd rounder)

One of our DE's got pinched with Mary Jane so will see how that plays out.

But, our wide receiver core is better than...well hell better than it EVER was under Andy. Our Secondary has so much quality competition even WITH Dawk and Lito gone, it should still be lights out.

Concerns? The offensive line with new faces that haven't had time to gel together, regardless of how many probowlers there are on paper.

So Defensive End, Offensive line...We will have at least a decent LB core so we will just have to score more points.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    How the hell did I miss dogpile on the Cowboys fan??

This is Winston Justice's Go big or go anywhere year.

Our starting middle linebacker is done for the year, but we have a good linebacker by committee in sophomore Joe Mays and Junior Omar Gaither (who is actually battling for the weakside spot.

Luckily we have VERY good DTs in Bunckley, Patterson, and Laws (two 1sts and a 2nd rounder)

One of our DE's got pinched with Mary Jane so will see how that plays out.

But, our wide receiver core is better than...well hell better than it EVER was under Andy. Our Secondary has so much quality competition even WITH Dawk and Lito gone, it should still be lights out.

Concerns? The offensive line with new faces that haven't had time to gel together, regardless of how many probowlers there are on paper.

So Defensive End, Offensive line...We will have at least a decent LB core so we will just have to score more points.
    I'm not sure what'll happen to the DE caught with weed. Isn't that an automatic 4 game suspension under Goodell, judging from his policy to date?
    Our Secondary has so much quality competition even WITH Dawk and Lito gone, it should still be lights out.
    I'll be damned...you ARE a comedian!

Best wishes Joe, for your team, and for your new career. You're a natural with the latter.

Thanks!

You mean the DE ALLEGED to have been caught with weed?
    I'm not sure what'll happen to the DE caught with weed. Isn't that an automatic 4 game suspension under Goodell, judging from his policy to date?I'll be damned...you ARE a comedian!

Best wishes Joe, for your team, and for your new career. You're a natural with the latter.
    Foolish

You mean the DE ALLEGED to have been caught with weed?
    Allegedly, my bad.

Camp is taking its toll, Dallas and Philly players are dropping like flies. Bummer.

Thanks!

Allegedly, my bad.

Camp is taking its toll, Dallas and Philly players are dropping like flies. Bummer.
    Cornelius Ingram, rookie tight end reinjured the same ACL that sidelined him his senior year. While not a starter, there is thought Andy would have had him contribute greatly over the middle. Second ACL, season-ending injury this camp behind starting middle linebacker Stewart Bradley.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Yeah, we just had a kid looking good at tight end tear an ACL. It's part of the game, but you still got to feel for him.
    Allegedly, my bad.

Sorry, Joe, didn't see your post.
    Foolish