Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NFC East '09

Quote Originally Posted by Hunker View Post
    He was shackie at first,we ate ate banana and a Snikers to get rid of the butterflies. Then we kicked but Matt Ryan is awesome so far,
    He was a hell of a draftee, and had a good rookie year. Maybe the Falcons will make it to the SB and win it during his tenure. They've been to the big game once, but didn't win it.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    He was a hell of a draftee, and had a good rookie year. Maybe the Falcons will make it to the SB and win it during his tenure. They've been to the big game once, but didn't win it.
    falcons are bomb, looking good.

Eagles signed Garcia again. McNabb, Vick, Garcia, Kolb...wonder how it's all gonna play out.

We'll see what the Cowboys are made of Sunday night when they play the Giants. Giving up 450 yards is not a good sign. If they don't play better than that on defense, they'll be a piss poor team this year and miss the playoffs.

Thanks!

Hadn't heard they signed Garcia. With McNabb iffy (broken rib) & Vick inactive for at least one more game, it's a good temporary move. They were lucky to get a quality guy that can step right in if needed. Kolb is a question mark. I wonder what this move says, if anything, about the seriousness of Donovan's injury? Reid had been talking like McNabb might be good to go by Sunday.
    Eagles signed Garcia again. McNabb, Vick, Garcia, Kolb...wonder how it's all gonna play out.

We'll see what the Cowboys are made of Sunday night when they play the Giants. Giving up 450 yards is not a good sign. If they don't play better than that on defense, they'll be a piss poor team this year and miss the playoffs.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

McNabb isn't ruling himself out against NO. But you're right, a little insurance is a good thing if it's affordable. Garcia is a good QB, and he took the Eagles to the playoffs a couple years back with a good run. I'd play him over Kolb if I were Reid, being as Garcia probably still knows the offense. But maybe it's time for Kolb to start a game and show what he's got. NO looks tough this year on both sides of the ball. Brees is a freak.

But I have my own worries about the Boys playing the Giants, what with our seemingly porous defense.

But to take my mind off that scary situation, I'm going to kick back and watch TO. See how long before he starts whining, crying, bitching or moaning, or all of the above Poor Trent Edwards....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Hadn't heard they signed Garcia. With McNabb iffy (broken rib) & Vick inactive for at least one more game, it's a good temporary move. They were lucky to get a quality guy that can step right in if needed. Kolb is a question mark. I wonder what this move says, if anything, about the seriousness of Donovan's injury? Reid had been talking like McNabb might be good to go by Sunday.

Thanks!

Ah, speaking of bird's, how bout them Seahawks, just one game, but 27-0isn't a bad start. There's alot of football to go, Dallas looks to be in the dumpster. Alot of new head coaches around the league, but IMHO Mora is among the best.

From Kristi's Birthday Thread

Typical Dallas receiver!
    I didn't catch that, it went right over my head....
    Didn't want to hijack, but couldn't resist.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

You got the wrong fella, FO.
    When the Bills signed Terrell Owens, we were told he would be a leader for a young team, a better teammate than we realized, a star who would bring some straight talk and swagger to the locker room.

So I had looked forward to hearing T.O. speak after his first real game as a Bill. And after Monday night's 25-24 loss to the Patriots, a lot of the media were eager to hear what the iconic receiver would say, what comforting words he would offer to his team and fans.

The answer was nothing. Owens pulled the old silent act after Buffalo blew a late 11-point lead in New England. He took a pass. The kind you can't drop.

"You're wasting your time," Owens told a horde of reporters at his locker. "I have nothing to say."
    And so the TO era in Buffalo begins....the local media is already turning on this selfish excuse for a grownup. Aw, how sweet it is he's long gone from the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Typical Dallas receiver!

Didn't want to hijack, but couldn't resist.

Thanks!

Fantasy football question for you all. I have Aaron Rogers and Joe Flacco. Who should I play? Joe had a good first week, and he's going against San Diego this week. I heard they had the worst, or one of the worst, pass defenses last year.