Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 387

Thread: NFC East '09

  1. #1
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961

    NFC East '09

    Every power ranking of all 32 teams I've seen has the Cowboys near the middle of the pack. The Giants and Eagles are in the top five of most rankings. The Giants are favored to win the East in most rankings.

    Condolences to Eagles fans for the loss of Jimmy Johnson. He was a great defensive mind and a terror to opponents' offensive coordinators. Cancer takes way too many from us...he'll be sorely missed by all football fans.

    Good luck Beast fans, may the best team kick ass all the way to the SB. And as usual this time of year, I'm telling you right now, that'll be the Cowboys...there's just something special about them this year

    And I've never said that before, I promise Seriously, I can't wait for the season to begin. I'm glad the expectations for Dallas are much lower than usual. That's a plus as far as I'm concerned.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412
    First, thanks for the kind words on the passing of JJ. He will be missed.

    Second, congratulations on finding health insurance that covers whatever hallucinogenic has you believing that the dregs from Dallas are competitive in the NFC East.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Every power ranking I've seen has the Cowboys near the middle of the pack. The Giants and Eagles are in the top five of most rankings. The Giants are favored to win the East in most rankings.

    Condolences to Eagles fans for the loss of Jimmy Johnson. He was a great defensive mind and a terror to opponents' offensive coordinators. Cancer takes way too many from us...he'll be sorely missed by all football fans.

    Good luck Beast fans, may the best team kick ass all the way to the SB. And as usual this time of year, I'm telling you right now, that'll be the Cowboys...there's just something special about them this year

    And I've never said that before, I promise Seriously, I can't wait for the season to begin. I'm glad the expectations for Dallas are much lower than usual. That's a plus as far as I'm concerned.
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  3. #3
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    First, thanks for the kind words on the passing of JJ. He will be missed.

    Second, congratulations on finding health insurance that covers whatever hallucinogenic has you believing that the dregs from Dallas are competitive in the NFC East.
    I got the drugs from this fella :
    BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Juqua Parker was arrested on a marijuana possession charge early Wednesday near the team's training camp in northeast Pennsylvania.
    Source
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Member brucec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Posts
    5,658
    yep, dallas has been outta the east a while now
    GIANTS is all that matters
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

  5. #5
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412
    See that, Bethlehem gets a gambling casino, and the whole area goes to pot! Here's a bet - some county judge just got seats on the 40 yard line.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I got the drugs from this fella :
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  6. #6
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961

    Oh My

    Is Reid one of NFL's worst game managers?

    That's right, Eagles coach Andy Reid checks in at No. 4 on the list, just ahead of Saints coach Sean Payton. So why did Reid end up on the list?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  7. #7
    Senior Member BigK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    551
    Sorry rdf, but with BO, I mean TO in Buffalo now your best reciever is now Whitten, and Tight Ends should not be your best reciever! GO STEELERS!!!
    Ken

    Guns don't kill people. Daddys with cute daughters do!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412
    You won't get any argument from me. Andy has an impressive record of success, but there are times that I can't fathom his logic. I also don't think he is quick to make decisions in the clutch. He's too much a believer in his system and thinks if you just keep doing the same stuff it will eventually work. Sometimes you got to go to plan B.

    On the other hand, he doesn't get rattled when things go South, and I think that adds stability to the team. He puts a lot of faith in the veterans, but I have been impressed by his willingness to put some of his favorites out to pasture when they lost a step (Trotter, Dawkins, etc.) He's a good Head Coach and a good organizer. He also does well when he has time to construct a good game plan. Just don't expect him to be brilliant in the final two minutes.
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  9. #9
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by BigK View Post
    Sorry rdf, but with BO, I mean TO in Buffalo now your best reciever is now Whitten, and Tight Ends should not be your best reciever! GO STEELERS!!!
    TO gone is a good thing, not a bad thing. I wouldn't be talking smack about the Boys, when your QB is facing sexual assault charges. That will certainly be playing on his mind as the whole mess unfolds, which will coincide with the regular season if I'm thinking right.

    To be clear, I trust Big Ben's word over the accuser's. At least until we see the evidence, if any exists. I'm betting it's a shakedown at this point, unless there is evidence to the contrary.

    Good luck to your team.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    You won't get any argument from me. Andy has an impressive record of success, but there are times that I can't fathom his logic. I also don't think he is quick to make decisions in the clutch. He's too much a believer in his system and thinks if you just keep doing the same stuff it will eventually work. Sometimes you got to go to plan B.

    On the other hand, he doesn't get rattled when things go South, and I think that adds stability to the team. He puts a lot of faith in the veterans, but I have been impressed by his willingness to put some of his favorites out to pasture when they lost a step (Trotter, Dawkins, etc.) He's a good Head Coach and a good organizer. He also does well when he has time to construct a good game plan. Just don't expect him to be brilliant in the final two minutes.
    Nice analysis FO. But I think Reid should have gotten rattled when things went south a couple years ago when that OLineman was getting beat time after time after time, with no help from Reid. Being a little rattled in times like that can be a good thing, and make a coach send in some help, or yank the guy completely.

    Good luck to the Eagles this year. Even though they'll lose out to the Boys, you still have a shot at a wild card
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. NFL around the corner - Who's gonna take the NFC East?
    By rdf in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 279
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
  2. did japanese come from china?
    By adi chicago in forum Science, Medicine, & Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 09:03 PM
  3. NFC East Thread
    By rdf in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •