Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: NFC East '09

Great Game. My favorite team won.
    NFC Champs !!!

Quote Originally Posted by reedyd View Post
    Great Game. My favorite team won.
    NFC Champs !!!
    They are looking like a team that has focus, and more and more confidence as the season progresses. Let's see how far they can make a run. They have the 3rd best record in the NFC to this point.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Denver wins

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    They are looking like a team that has focus, and more and more confidence as the season progresses. Let's see how far they can make a run. They have the 3rd best record in the NFC to this point.
    Romo seems to be improving in his decision making. Only time will tell. The whole team is looking pretty darn good. I've been watching them since I can remember.
    When I was at TIRR in 1971-72 on a 7 man ward we watched the Cowboys win the Super Bowl beating the Miami Dolphins. That was when they had the doomsday defense. The current team is showing signs of having a great defense if the keep on improving.

Go Cowboys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reedyd View Post
    Romo seems to be improving in his decision making. Only time will tell. The whole team is looking pretty darn good. I've been watching them since I can remember.
    When I was at TIRR in 1971-72 on a 7 man ward we watched the Cowboys win the Super Bowl beating the Miami Dolphins. That was when they had the doomsday defense. The current team is showing signs of having a great defense if the keep on improving.

Go Cowboys!!!
    I've been a Cowboys' fan since I was 5. That SB against Miami was a big deal in my house. My mom loved the Dolphins (she had a crush on Shula too). Dad and the rest of the family went with mom, I was the lone Dallas fan that year. I was king of the household after the game. Ah, memories when Dallas was consistently good. Maybe those days are coming around again. If Romo really is maturing as it seems so far this year, then they have a good group of young guys on each side of the ball to make the next half decade very interesting.

Thanks!

Coach Shula has a restaurant in the Keys, and Jimmy Johnson has a sports bar. I ran in to Coach Shula and his wife in an airport restaurant in Miami. Big thrill for me.

I'm still hoping for a Green Christmas in Dallas. Four points isn't that big a difference to overcome by December, especially if we have Westbrook. Both teams should be much better by then. Depends on which McNabb plays.
    I've been a Cowboys' fan since I was 5. That SB against Miami was a big deal in my house. My mom loved the Dolphins (she had a crush on Shula too). Dad and the rest of the family went with mom, I was the lone Dallas fan that year. I was king of the household after the game. Ah, memories when Dallas was consistently good. Maybe those days are coming around again. If Romo really is maturing as it seems so far this year, then they have a good group of young guys on each side of the ball to make the next half decade very interesting.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I'm worried about Westbrook. He's getting a lot of input from fellow and former players who are warning him maybe to give it up, or slow it down. I don't think he'll be an Eagle next year, but I'm just guessing.

It takes more than a QB to win or lose a game, and if you have a solid, confident and focused group on both sides of the ball, that can overcome.

McNabb is awesome some games, others make you shake your head. Much like Romo, although hopefully in his 3rd starting year, Romo is starting to use his head instead of his athletic ability to make plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Coach Shula has a restaurant in the Keys, and Jimmy Johnson has a sports bar. I ran in to Coach Shula and his wife in an airport restaurant in Miami. Big thrill for me.

I'm still hoping for a Green Christmas in Dallas. Four points isn't that big a difference to overcome by December, especially if we have Westbrook. Both teams should be much better by then. Depends on which McNabb plays.
    You better worry about the Chargers FO, before you salivate at revenge against the Boys

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunker View Post
    Denver wins
    Denver sucks and I said they were going to choke in the second half. That is 2 straight losses with many more to come.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Getting knocked cold rocks your world. Once you've done it, you're eager not to do it again. Hope he gets through this and continues to have a great career. Time will tell. He definitely looks spooked, and with good reason. His intelligence is a big part of what makes him a great player, it's also what allows him to comprehend the seriousness of a big blow to the cranium.

San Diego is going to be very tough to beat. The loss of Ellis Hobbs for the rest of the season is going to hurt on both defense and special teams. Joselio Hanson has been a standout cornerback for a young guy, he's gone for the next four games. Samuels has always been iffy as a tackler. The neck injury isn't going to increase his desire for contact. This is definitely a patched together defense. The linebackers and secondary have guys that are still learning each others names. I think that they are vulnerable to a big play offense like the Chargers. They need to get to Rivers early and often to have a chance.

It's true that it takes eleven guys (on any given play) to win. But the QB can lose a game even when everybody else plays great. Originally, the first pick against Dallas was blamed on rookie receiver Jeremy Maclin. A study of game film shows that the ball was thrown hard, high and behind the receiver. It would have been a remarkable catch if it had been made. The second interception was all McNabb. The ball was under-thrown. The receivers were getting open all day. Even when he had good protection, Donovan wasn't finding and hitting the open targets enough to keep drives alive. Team confidence starts with number five.

A loss to Dallas (Washington, New York) always leaves a bad taste that can only be washed away with a victory in the rematch. There is no Eagles fan that will feel good unless and until we get a win in Texas.
    I'm worried about Westbrook. He's getting a lot of input from fellow and former players who are warning him maybe to give it up, or slow it down. I don't think he'll be an Eagle next year, but I'm just guessing.

It takes more than a QB to win or lose a game, and if you have a solid, confident and focused group on both sides of the ball, that can overcome.

McNabb is awesome some games, others make you shake your head. Much like Romo, although hopefully in his 3rd starting year, Romo is starting to use his head instead of his athletic ability to make plays.

You better worry about the Chargers FO, before you salivate at revenge against the Boys
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Every team has its share of injuries, but holy hell!

Pro-bowl right guard, promising young tight end and starting middle linebacker (before the season starts), starting running back, promising defensive back/special teamer, another linebacker, another offensive lineman. The list rolls on...
    And the truth shall set you free.