Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NFC East '09

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    Fantasy football question for you all. I have Aaron Rogers and Joe Flacco. Who should I play? Joe had a good first week, and he's going against San Diego this week. I heard they had the worst, or one of the worst, pass defenses last year.
    That's a tough choice wheelman. I think Rodgers is going to have a big game, he's got a big gun on him and had a subpar game last week - and they're playing the Bengals.

Flacco could have a big game, too. I know, it's hard to choose each week who to start. It's anybody's guess imo in today's nfl.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

WooHoo! Saints/Eagles will be carried live and in HiDef by the local station. This means I can watch it without having to have breakfast at the bar. When will Comcast get the NFL package? I keep threatening to get Direct TV, but the bar is less trouble.

I wonder if they will dress McNabb?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    WooHoo! Saints/Eagles will be carried live and in HiDef by the local station. This means I can watch it without having to have breakfast at the bar. When will Comcast get the NFL package? I keep threatening to get Direct TV, but the bar is less trouble.

I wonder if they will dress McNabb?
    I don't know if they'll dress him or not, but he isn't playing, that's probably for certain. Maybe Kolb will light up the Saints defense. I don't know if Brees will be able to 'Brees' through the Eagles secondary like he did to Detroit.

I too have to head to the local hangout to watch some games, but Dallas is playing on nbc tomorrow night - so I'll end up saving myself some money. I tend to have too much fun watching the games at the honkytonk.

Good luck...do you think the Eagles are trying to deal Kolb? Will they release Garcia? Too many QBs in Philly right now.

Thanks!

Garcia is a temporary patch unless Kolb stinks it up beyond hope. Andy has a lot invested in being right about that pick, so Kolb will stay for now. His fate is in his hands, and the hands of his receivers. The Eagles dealing Feely was a vote of confidence in Kolb. Vick has a spot, but no one is sure what it is unless McNabb is out of the picture long term. If they can get him in games for positive yards without breaking game rhythm, he stays.

I expect Brees to score points - but if he lights it up I don't think we can out score NOLA. But who knows - Kolb may show why they were so enthusiastic about him when he was drafted. Garcia has had big games. But I thing the D needs to come up big, get some pressure, cause some turnovers, maybe even score a few points.

Should be entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I don't know if they'll dress him or not, but he isn't playing, that's probably for certain. Maybe Kolb will light up the Saints defense. I don't know if Brees will be able to 'Brees' through the Eagles secondary like he did to Detroit.

I too have to head to the local hangout to watch some games, but Dallas is playing on nbc tomorrow night - so I'll end up saving myself some money. I tend to have too much fun watching the games at the honkytonk.

Good luck...do you think the Eagles are trying to deal Kolb? Will they release Garcia? Too many QBs in Philly right now.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 09-19-2009 at 07:03 PM.
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by mckeownp View Post
    Tee hee.........
    Come jan 2010 Patriots get use to it.

Falcons really looked good Matt Ryan with two quarterback sneaks, and the back hand off was a new play I have never seen. Turner made up from last week. Just a great game three refs knocked down, one needed a medical check. Three red flags, none overturned. Hard hitting defense, best game so far this year so far. Went to the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunker View Post
    Falcons really looked good Matt Ryan with two quarterback sneaks, and the back hand off was a new play I have never seen. Turner made up from last week. Just a great game three refs knocked down, one needed a medical check. Three red flags, none overturned. Hard hitting defense, best game so far this year so far. Went to the wire.
    Ummm. It would be impossible to have three red flags thrown if at least one of them didn't get overturned. And I know for sure the falcons got two plays overturned.

Eagles stunk up their home opener. Kolb wasn't bad, considering it was his first start. The last interception (and the hit Kolb took) was the coach's fault. Who calls a timeout with 8 seconds left when you're trailing by more than three touchdowns? Was he punishing the team?

The special teams play was very inconsistent. The defense was a real big disappointment. All-in-all, an ugly game for the birds.

The only thing good about football today is that either the Giants or the Cowboys are going to lose before Monday comes.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 09-20-2009 at 04:53 PM.
    Foolish

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Ummm. It would be impossible to have three red flags thrown if at least one of them didn't get overturned. And I know for sure the falcons got two plays overturned.
    If you get both red flags right you get a third. I think I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    The only thing good about football today is that either the Giants or the Cowboys are going to lose before Monday comes.
    Unless they tie

Thanks!