Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NFC East '09

I agree Duder. The Pack looks primed for a run for glory. If the preseason is any judge, and sometimes it is, their new 3-4 defense is coming along very well for a first year implementation. And Rodgers is going to be a superstar in the nfl.

I'm a happy camper. The season starts tonight! Steelers/Titans, should be a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuder View Post
    Watch out for the Packers in the NFC this year

Aaron Rodgers will only be in his second year as a starting QB, but i've watched him grow physically and mentally, i think he'll prove to be one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL. He has good size, a great arm, mobility in the pocket, confidence, knows our system inside out, is smart, and is well coached by McCarthy. We have a top notch group of WR's for him to throw to, Lee is a solid TE, and young/talented TE Jermichael Finley showed in preseason that he'll be another matchup problem. With reasonably good health, i'd put money on GB finishing with a top 5 offense.

Our defense will dictate if the team is a legit contender in the NFC or just hoping to squeak out a wild card berth. Last year the defense was terrible, but Bob Sanders ran probably the most bland scheme in the NFL and injuries hurt the defense. Capers took over and he has a track record of improving defenses right away, but obviously that's not a sure thing it happens for us. That said, the defense has already looked much more aggressive and better compared to last year.

11-5 or 12-4 is my prediction, but as with any team, bad luck health wise could derail everything. I think the four best teams in the NFC right now are the Giants, Eagles, Packers, and Saints.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder that the live ammo war starts tonight.

I'm a little anxious about the Birds. They have a lot of talent, more than in a long time. But new coaches on "D" and Special Teams and a whole lot of young guys in key positions. Thankfully, we don't have Vick in that mess until game three. There's going to be enough confusion without trying to figure out when and how to get him on the field.

I so hope they get off to a quick start. I'm really wanting and needing to do some trash talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I agree Duder. The Pack looks primed for a run for glory. If the preseason is any judge, and sometimes it is, their new 3-4 defense is coming along very well for a first year implementation. And Rodgers is going to be a superstar in the nfl.

I'm a happy camper. The season starts tonight! Steelers/Titans, should be a good one.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

You're welcome, FO. And according to all the 'experts,' you'll have plenty of fodder for trash talking. Most have the Cowboys ranked in the middle of the pack, league wise, and third NFC East-wise. But I think it's anybody's division to win, even the Skins have a shot.

I'm starting to rethink my opinion on Vick. It might cause problems if McNabb has a bad game or two.

Our special teams isn't looking all that hot, either. And we have no depth at key positions. We'll just have to see how it all shakes out, but that process is why it's so entertaining. Best of luck to the Eagles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Thanks for the reminder that the live ammo war starts tonight.

I'm a little anxious about the Birds. They have a lot of talent, more than in a long time. But new coaches on "D" and Special Teams and a whole lot of young guys in key positions. Thankfully, we don't have Vick in that mess until game three. There's going to be enough confusion without trying to figure out when and how to get him on the field.

I so hope they get off to a quick start. I'm really wanting and needing to do some trash talking.

Thanks!

Thanks! And Good luck to the Co, Cow, Cowb, Cowbbbbbb - Sorry, just can't do it! It's impossible to overcome genetic programming and thousands of cheese steaks. But I'll still buy you a beer.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

wake up boys

TB is the word since Bird!

And I'll drink it, FO. Cheers

Thanks!

Cowboys and Eagles both win. Giants/Skins game just started.

Although the Boys won, to me they got gashed big time. Giving up 450 total yards is ridiculous, especially to the Bucs, who have a new coach and many new players. I hope it was an anomaly and not the beginning of a pattern.

Thanks!

Cowboys and Eagles both win. Giants/Skins game just started.

Although the Boys won, to me they got gashed big time. Giving up 450 total yards is ridiculous, especially to the Bucs, who have a new coach and many new players. I hope it was an anomaly and not the beginning of a pattern.
    How about the Falcons woopin Dolphins?I think birds are fish eaters

Quote Originally Posted by Hunker View Post
    How about the Falcons woopin Dolphins?I think birds are fish eaters
    Yeah, your QB is gonna be a star, if he isn't already.

Thanks!

Yeah, your QB is gonna be a star, if he isn't already.
    He was shackie at first,we ate ate banana and a Snikers to get rid of the butterflies. Then we kicked but Matt Ryan is awesome so far,