Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I am going to loose it!

betheny nope i ask the game warden bout it he told me that ppl pay for there license just like i do and that they can fish were they wont.so i just dont fish there i go to another place but its just hard to get me back outta there

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    Newbee - I have at least 10 similar stories.... and I'm the bull dog around here too. It really depends on my mood as to how far to push it. But Chad's chair is enormous, so he will sometimes OOOOOPS lose control of it and bump into the offending person. Ooooops. That usually helps get them moving out of our way.

I have fantasties where I murder people like that with my bare hands. I really do.

It just sucks and I'm sorry it happened to you.
    Oh I hear ya. I even get pissed, if someone is looking @ my son for more than 10 sec.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Glad to see people sticking up for themselves. Nothing worse than "wishing you said something"
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

I agree you can't be passive.
    Call the venue and complain.

This is what pisses me off. There are 4 billion stories on here about inaccessibility. How many of us follow through? When I go somewhere I write in, sometimes even if it was good. How else will it change? Never have I had any of my friends follow through with the complaint department. NEVER. I'm still picking at a place in South Carolina that wouldn't let me on a trolley in May 2008. It takes time and frustration but DO IT. otherwise why would anything change????
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I am the same way with my husband. We were at a concert and everyone stood up the whole time so we couldn't see a thing. I was flipping out and he said just enjoy yourself. I am so protective of him that I can't enjoy myself. I should have just stood up with everyone else and enjoyed. He was ok with just listening, so why did I have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CiscoNJenn View Post
    I am the same way with my husband. We were at a concert and everyone stood up the whole time so we couldn't see a thing. I was flipping out and he said just enjoy yourself. I am so protective of him that I can't enjoy myself. I should have just stood up with everyone else and enjoyed. He was ok with just listening, so why did I have a problem with it.
    mainly because you care about him, maybe call the venue afterwards and mention when the crowd stands up the w/c people can't see, etc. maybe they can find a better place for the w/c users

but don't make a big deal of it during the show, if he's okay with it, why ruin both your nights.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

sounds like a smoking issue not a handicap issue. . . i smoke but would never do this; punch them out .. . but first yes tell the venue the problems you have had . .. good luck stun gun sounds like a good choice or a swift kick to the balls and act like . . . what i have know idea what happened, then make it a handiacapped issue
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Similar problems happen at Nissan Pavilion here in Virginia as well. The lawn area is non accessible, so if you have lawn seats you have to sit in the accessible area. The problem is, 90% of the people in the accessible area are not in wheelchairs. I went through Nissan Pavilion and even got ADA involved because we had purchased a 'Mega Ticket' that included about 10 concerts, so I was not going to continue to go through people that could WALK, STAND AND DANCE sitting in front of me in an area designated for wheelchairs. Nissan Pavilion made a conservative attempt to make changes, but in the end it came down to me having to stand up for myself as well as other less able wheelchair users sitting there. I am a very nice guy, but I have a temper and can be extremely obnoxious if I need to be.......The first step you take when they stand up in front of you is to be nice.....go up tap on their hip to get their attention and ask them 'how's the show'......after they reply, you reply 'oh I wish I could see but when you stand up and dance, I cannot see, would you mind either switching spots with me or stay seated'. This approach works 90% of the time, unsually until intermission, then once they get a couple more beers in them they get stupid and start up again. At this point, I will make a seen and MAKE SURE everyone around you hears and sees you.....you will be surprised how fast people with adhere to your request when an obnoxious guy in a wheelchair is yelling and cussing at them and everyone around is looking at them wondering what the phuck they've done to the 'poor guy in the wheelchair'.

As far as people dancing in my face, that is totally unacceptable. That's when you start wheelchair dancing and you start jamming your chair in their ankles, trust me you will have alot of room after you hit their ankles ONCE.

Hang in there and stand your ground and don't put up with peoples bullshit. The more you let them, the more they will!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

My wife is the same as you she tells people sit down, get out of the way, move, most do but now & then their is a a** hole. But go again & enjoy.

I agree with the chair dancing and hitting their ankles...thats painful! The only thing is you better be able to hold your own if they throw punches or whatever.
    "What has happened, has happened; What I am going through, I shall rise above; And what will come, I will meet with courage"~Hazrat Inayat Kahn