Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Methadone vs. Oxycodone

Methadone vs. Oxycodone

IS THE CONSTIPATION FROM METHADONE WORSE THAN OXYCODONE?? IM LOOKIN TO GIVE METHADONE ANOTHER SHOT I ONLY WENT TO 10 MG. BEFORE ON MY OTHER THREAD MOTRONYCGUY SAID HE ON 10MG 3TIMES A DAY AND ITS HELPING. I JUST KNOW METHADONE HAS LESS SIDE EFFECTS AND LESS PILLS.....

WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK?? ITS JUST MY NEXT STEP, I JUST HAD A NEURO STIMULATOR IMPLANT JULY 16TH TRIAL WORKED BUT SURGERY NOT WORKING [[[AT ALL]]]. I HAVE PROBLEMS OFF N ON W/ BOWEL MOVEMENTS CAUSE OF TENSION W/ NEURO PAIN. ALSO I HAVE AN INTERNAL HEMORRHOID CAUSED BY BOTH AND THEY ALL 3 FIGHT...HAHAHA.

Many Blessings,
    Josh

So we can say with confidence, The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6

I don't know if one narc causes more constipation than another, sorry. But I do think that giving the methadone a try might be the way to go rather than having to use oxycodone that only lasts for 4 hours. I don't think methadone has less side effects, but it definately is less pills and could hopefully control the pain so you can get on with life.....
    good luck.

as far as constipation, i cant tell , i think methadone may be worae, but i am also on fenatyl type med, that i think also gas outrageous contipation properties.
    my biggest problem now is constiption/impaction,
    pain is pretty well manged, i dont like the amount of meds, i have to take sometimes, but i keep hoping there will be a pain cure one day, and i can come off all this crap.
    bowel issues have kept me from leading a normal life in over 2 years now.
    i seem to have most of the other problems finally sorted out.
    now i want my life back, but at this point i am happy to just enjoy a pain comtrolled existance.
    if i could get this poop out, i would really like to start living again.
    i just goota get the poop out of me, even the pie type device is not working.
    i am just coming off a bad UTI that added to the mix and misery, tempatire fried me brain.
    i also have a SCS implanted , i havent turned it on in months,
    doctors rushed me into this my second failed implant and just screwed me up worse.
    chainged my PM doc finally.
    cauda equina

I have been taking oxycodone, 15mg. for about 9 years and also take Avenza for the last 5 years. I find that the Avenza (ER morph sulf) 30mg. is good for pm useage, sleep, and to have an overflow base into the day. The oxys every 5-6 hrs takes care of the day time break-through, which because of the increased activity helps much better. I can gage the pain level and find that when things are going well, I don't have to take as much oxy. If I take the Avinza total alone, it drags me down and I don't have the push to get me started on the activity. When a day comes that pain rules every moment, then I have the Docs permission to use an Avenza in the day. They last 10-12 hrs. As far as the constipation prob, I started years ago an Omega 3, fish oil suppliment call Omacor. This stuff works pretty well. The only problem is I have to have a plunger near by cause what is eliminated is a huge yule log. Very compressed, very relieving and thankfully just one. I swear sometimes my sight is better afterward! Never have tried Methadone, I've read the half life of the drug brings on very dufficult withdrawl as compared to oxy. Each individual has differnt reactions. For instance, when Opana first came on the market, I tried to change my recipe and the result was I couldn't get off the couch. A total drooler. Had to change back in less than two weeks.

Best of luck!
    No matter how cynical I try to be, I just can't seem to keep up with how bad things really are!

I detected no difference in constipation between the two

bill

I've been on methadone for 2.5 years and haven't noticed a problem with constipation, I take a stool softener everyday. I've just switch to Opana ER because of memory problems with meth. Did a straight switch but definitely going to have to ween down, typical withdrawal symptoms even though the Opana 2x a day seems to work(so far). I was taking .5,10,10mg (morn,afternoon,night) and it worked well.
    C4 incomplete since 1985

*deleted*

Bah! fooled by a spammer again

Dont'cha hate it when that happens

Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    Dont'cha hate it when that happens
    I do! I have very strong views on the subject of methadone and constipation that sadly are relevant to no one

You could post them anyway.... I'm sure someone will come along and read them