Thread: Car door help!?

Car door help!?

I just bought a Ford Edge SUV. The only problem I have is the door doesn't open wide enough. I'm used to a 2-door coupe where they open really wide. Does anyone make an attachment or something that makes the door open wider? There has got to be something out there that does this? Thanks for your help!

There is some way you can notch the hinge to make it open wider. The guy who put my hand controls on did mine. I'm sorry I don't know how he did it but I will call him and ask him if no one here knows. Or maybe you could call and ask soemone who modifies vehicles.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

transfers

Do you transfer from a chair to the seat in your Edge?

I think I'm getting an Edge here soon. I am pricing out getting an Air Suspension put in. If it isn't totally outrageous then that is the route I'm going.
    Last edited by Clayton8; 08-04-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Can someone tell me where I can find a decent van that's wheelchair accessible?

Ask you're local body shop about ofset hinges. They may know if any are available for you're vehicle. good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    I just bought a Ford Edge SUV. The only problem I have is the door doesn't open wide enough. I'm used to a 2-door coupe where they open really wide. Does anyone make an attachment or something that makes the door open wider? There has got to be something out there that does this? Thanks for your help!

Have you tried www.craigslist.org ? Look in you're area when it comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by saleas View Post
    Can someone tell me where I can find a decent van that's wheelchair accessible?