Thread: Medical Insurance

Medical Insurance

I'm curious what the future might hold. My daughter is covered by my insurance at this time. When she becomes 18 years old she would have to be a full time student to stay on my insurance. Lets just say she keeps my insurance until she graduates college. Then what? Would she be able to get affordable insurance? Do employers provide insurance to those with pre-existing conditions? Just her monthly cathing supplies are so expensive I can't imagine how anyone could pay for them without insurance.

Generally employer paid insurance does not have any pre-existing condition clauses.

When I worked full-time I was covered by my employer insurance.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

As far as I can tell, the horrible. terrible, pitiful excuse for a bill to fix health care should make some form of government funded insurance available to people with preexisting conditions, even subsidized for income level by the time your daughter is old enough to need it.

So while I think the bill falls incredibly short in most areas (and we desperately need a single payer system), it should help your daughter.

It seems that if you have a good job that provides good insurance you are safe, if you can keep your job. A risky time in your life is when you are just starting out and loose your parents insurance. You don't have experience for the full time jobs that offer insurance. Those with a disability are forced to live off of social security if they can't get insurance. I know first hand and almost claimed bankruptcy years ago when just getting started with my life and I wasn't disabled.

funklab, I really hope that we can get a health care system that resolves these issues and doesn't create new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    As far as I can tell, the horrible. terrible, pitiful excuse for a bill to fix health care should make some form of government funded insurance available to people with preexisting conditions, even subsidized for income level by the time your daughter is old enough to need it.

So while I think the bill falls incredibly short in most areas (and we desperately need a single payer system), it should help your daughter.
    I have just posted some info on this @ the politics thread, "United States Health Care System - the Envy of the World? "

If you have a chance read it.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.