Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Full Moon Play an Active Roll in Our Lives?

Does Full Moon Play an Active Roll in Our Lives?

I spend a great deal of time outdoors and see a lot more activity in birds and animals from around 10 days before the moon is actually full. Does full moon affect activities and behaviors in humans? On 7-29-09 after 10:PM there were over 1500 active members on line on this site, the most ever and was within 10 days prior to full moon.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Ask anyone who has ever worked in an ER. Full moons get packed with all sorts of problems seen to a lesser degree on any other night. More drunk drivers, more domestic abuse, more stupid tricks that go awry. It's not just a myth.

Definitely.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Ask anyone who has ever worked in an ER. Full moons get packed with all sorts of problems seen to a lesser degree on any other night. More drunk drivers, more domestic abuse, more stupid tricks that go awry. It's not just a myth.
    I completely agree!! I was a paramedic and worked both in the ER along side RN's and worked on the rigs. I tell u what I would rather have the full moon off than a holiday!

Interesting because I have talked to several medical doctors about this and most will say there is nothing to this and it is just a myth because there is nothing in medical science that proves it. Dr. Wise, what are your views on this?
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I spend a great deal of time outdoors and see a lot more activity in birds and animals from around 10 days before the moon is actually full. Does full moon affect activities and behaviors in humans?
    The moon pulls the seas... human beings are made up of something like 60% water... it seems reasonable to postulate that the moon has some effect on humans.

C.

I agree with Tiger Racing.

As well, I used to work at a hospital and you could definitely tell when it was a full moon! Works at the police and fire departments too.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

My astronomy professor last year said that there isn't enough gravitational pull from the moon to effect anything in the human body. It effects the seas because they are so big. The correlation then becomes the amount of light present during full moons. More creatures are active when there is more light.

A persistant urban legand. Look at some facts:

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/moon.html

(KLD)

ok so I guess the answer is no except on posionings and animal bites right? lol Anyway, it always seemed like people were getting amped up when it was getting closer, maybe it was that we were just looking for it more?