Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas CDS Program

Are you in Texas? Unable to tell from your profile. These programs vary widely by state. Have you talked to anyone at your local Regional Center or ILC?

(KLD)

I am in Texas on CLASS write me. I have been on CBA also. Thanks David

CLASS Program

Our son's name just came up on the list and we have decided to switch from MDCP to CLASS. They have told me that they will only pay for attendants to care for him because he recieves skilled nursing hours through CCP. What are my options with this program? I live way out in the country that I know I won't be able to keep a consistent attendant at attendant pay. My son requires lots of medical attention and intervention and I was really hoping they would continue the hours for skilled nursing like MDCP did. Same agency and everything. Is there anyone familiar with this situation that can fill in a rookie about the in's and out's of CLASS? Thanks. JC

I am a quad and have been on CLASS and CDS for several years here in Texas. I have lived in the boonies and now in Fort Worth. So if I can be of any help let me know.

David

My son is 20, 21 in April. He will be "aging out" and I am TERRIFIED of what changes await us. My son is on a ventilator, tube fed, seizures, on about a 6 month old level and requires constant care. I am afraid they'll knock our 18 hours a day nursing through CCP down to 8 hours or so through CBA.

Have any of you had any good experiences with this issue? Any advice?

And also, are they doing away with these programs?

Thanks.

Rachelle

What kind of hours do you get? Any problems with the HMO's they are sticking everyone with to "manage" their care?

We are in North Texas by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jengirl View Post
    Love love love this program!!! Chose your own providers and great flexibility.

Texas kicks a$$!!

Angry Cba in tx help!!!!

Checking in again. So my son was put at a SE2 with trach level in CBA. BUT he only gets 11 or 12 hours of nursing and NO attendant care, that is 12 hours less per day. A child that is also on a vent and trach who's mother I am just getting acquainted with has same nursing hours but also has 41.5 hours of attendant care per week. I can't get an answer as to why if they think he needs such detailed, skilled care do they not give him more hours? It's not fair that another kid gets more hours than we do and the same except he can voice his needs a little more. HELP!!!

Also, can a person be on CLASS and CBA??

Thanks,
    Rachelle

Quote Originally Posted by reedyd View Post
    I am in Texas on CLASS write me. I have been on CBA also. Thanks David

Quote Originally Posted by jlc View Post
    Our son's name just came up on the list and we have decided to switch from MDCP to CLASS. They have told me that they will only pay for attendants to care for him because he recieves skilled nursing hours through CCP. What are my options with this program? I live way out in the country that I know I won't be able to keep a consistent attendant at attendant pay. My son requires lots of medical attention and intervention and I was really hoping they would continue the hours for skilled nursing like MDCP did. Same agency and everything. Is there anyone familiar with this situation that can fill in a rookie about the in's and out's of CLASS? Thanks. JC
    I am on CCP and Class w my son. The CLASS program told me the program can't come close to covering the care he needs. He now gets 126 hours of nursing per week through ccp and 40 hours a week attendant care. And he'll go down to 12 with CBA. Not sure CLASS can help you completely depending on your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by reedyd View Post
    If you are approved for 10.86 about 9.00 would probably be tops maybe a few cents more. You can figure your bookkeeper will get about a 1.00 per hour. You can always check and see how much extra money you have accumulated for bonuses & expenses aids always appreciate a bonus.

hope this helps

David
    With a vent and trach patient, can an attendant be a parent or sister in law, both of which have been helping w/ care (SIL paid through CLASS) when in the CBA program? They are telling me no, but yet someone else i know in same level of care situation IS doing it. I am soooo frustrated. We can't live w/ just 12 hours help, we need our attendant care.

I am not sure about the who you can hire part. I can try to find out more if you want?