Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas CDS Program

Quote Originally Posted by jhorn4012 View Post
    reedyd:

Checkout the 81st Legislature Texas Special Session Mtg. Alot of these programs are going to go to Sunset vote in 2013. They were going to vote on SB 2 to expire in 2011, but the vote made the decision for SB 2 to be delayed and re-evaluated in 2013. I couldn't believe that DADS/DARS and HHSC programs were going to expire 2013. So I did some checking out on bing.com and came up with the actually vote on the SB 2 and the items that were going to be sunsetted (expired). I don't know what people are going to do in Texas if this does happen in 2013. One of the website http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLoo...s=811&Bill=SB2. There are according to Texas statistics 1.2 million people with some type of disability using these services.
    You know I used to survive on 24 hours per week. Since CLASS started it has only has grown both bigger and better. It is cheaper to fund a person to live on there own than in a nursing home.
    Personally, I am not concerned about the possibility of this program closing because I live life based on what means are available.
    Do you really believe that all those programs will end?
    I am an optimist and not concerned that it might end. Nostradamus and the Mayas calculated the world will end in 2012.
    I do not know all the answers and started made this thread so that
    anyone truly interested and needs it will know that it is an option.
    The Agencies are not going to tell you about it.
    With this program they are not getting a part of the money that could be going to a caregiver.
    With this program you can get supplies from a Durable Medical Equipment Company and not have to be homebound to legally get supplies.
    With this program you are not told what your employees can and can not do by an agency.

Thanks,

David
    Last edited by reedyd; 09-11-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Post Programs in Texas Sunsetted

Quote Originally Posted by reedyd View Post
    You know I used to survive on 24 hours per week. Since CLASS started it has only has grown both bigger and better. It is cheaper to fund a person to live on there own than in a nursing home.
    Personally, I am not concerned about the possibility of this program closing because I live life based on what means are available.
    Do you really believe that all those programs will end?
    I am an optimist and not concerned that it might end. Nostradamus and the Mayas calculated the world will end in 2012.
    I do not know all the answers and started made this thread so that
    anyone truly interested and needs it will know that it is an option.
    The Agencies are not going to tell you about it.
    With this program they are not getting a part of the money that could be going to a caregiver.
    With this program you can get supplies from a Durable Medical Equipment Company and not have to be homebound to legally get supplies.
    With this program you are not told what your employees can and can not do by an agency.

Thanks,

David
    David,

This is no BS. This is from the Legislature here in Texas. Try this link: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLoo...s=811&Bill=SB2 this gives the actual vote. Do a search in bing.com on 81st Legislature Texas Bills SB2. My daughter's number on the waiting list for CLASS Program is 20,270. I don't think there is any chance of getting her into this program. What a gentleman from DADS told me is the only way she would be put at the top of the list is if she was put in a nursing facility for a month. That's not going to happen. I feel bad enough that the state is paying for her tuition to finish her degree. She was going to LSU before her accident and working and paying her own way ever since she graduated from high school.
    Aggie Mom 2007

the sunset act applies to over 150 agencies. if your daughter is on CBA you can get on CDS right now
    Send me a PM with your phone number and i will tell you about it
    you will have funds 10,000 per year for mods alone
    i started on CDS while on CBA.

don't worry about the sunset act

if i can help anyone learn about CDS just let me know

David

http://www.ctasrs.org/legislative.php
    Last edited by reedyd; 09-27-2009 at 04:08 PM.

The lady you are referring to that was paid 14.00 had children with very special needs. I live this program everyday and the most that I am allowed per hourly unit is right at 13.00 the company or Consumer Directed Services Agency (CDSA) that does the checks, taxes, bookkeeping etc get 1.00 per hour or per unit. This allows me to pay 10.00 an hour plus bonuses.
    VNA is not going to pay you much more because they do not do the CDS program and they are in business to make some profit as a agency.
    I do hope this helps you to understand. At some point you have to make a decision. CBA will not pay as much as CLASS per hour but VNA will never pay you maximum because they will get their share this is how they make money. You can only get this through CDS. Writing a congressman will not change what you get from VNA.
    The most my best help got paid while with an agency was 7.50 hourly With CBA and the CDS option I could pay 8.00 hourly on CLASS with CDS option I pay 10.00 hourly

here is an example of a typical CLASS partiipant case http://kevin-ferguson.com/class.html
    I use IHAS as my Consumer Directed Services Agency (CDSA) also

Hope this helps
    Last edited by reedyd; 09-27-2009 at 06:07 PM.

CDS Program

Reedyd I just sent you a PM on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    CJ'S-MOM
    ELAINE

Quote Originally Posted by CJ'S-MOM View Post
    Reedyd I just sent you a PM on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    CJ'S-MOM
    ELAINE
    Call me I left you my number I am never too busy to share what I know
    about this. Texas is a big place there has too be more seeking advice.

This can be a medicaide waiver program

Quote Originally Posted by reedyd View Post
    Trying to get out information about the CDS option in Texas. Texas Residents on Primary Care, CBA, or CLASS are eligible.
    Please let me know if you need more information ?

http://www.dads.state.tx.us/providers/CDS/
    I am on this program and I am on the CBA program...What is the highest you can pay them minus the taxes if you are approved for $10.86 an hour? The current company I am using pays $8.50 then takes taxes out of that. I have called several company and they all give different answers. $9.00,$9.20,$9.50,$10.50...

Thanks , Donnie

If you are approved for 10.86 about 9.00 would probably be tops maybe a few cents more. You can figure your bookkeeper will get about a 1.00 per hour. You can always check and see how much extra money you have accumulated for bonuses & expenses aids always appreciate a bonus.

hope this helps

David

Unhappy HELP!!! Son about to age out of Medicaid

Hello all I am SOOOOOOO thankful to find this forum.

My son is 20, turns 21 in April. He has CP, is on an infant level due to birth injury. He has seizures, kidney reflux, on ventilator most of day, feeding tube etc. He receives 126 hours of nursing through Medicaid.

He will age out of the Medicaid nursing and I am told can get CBA or CLASS (we have) nursing. BUT...they will send a nurse out and SHE will determine how many hours he needs. I need all the hours I have now. Will they really cut his hours or can we decide what we need at all?

I am told that due to his condition his budget is over $100,000 should we go to CBA, only around $63,000 with CLASS.

Does anyone have a similar situation and what are your experiences so far with these programs? I dont know what to do and I am scared.

Thanks,

Rachelle