Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: constipation..........

constipation..........

Its not the most glamorous of topics but I can not go to the bathroom to save my life. Its been well over a week. Sometimes it even is two weeks.

I have tried: magnesium citrate, high fiber diet, mucho water intake and even acupuncture.

NOTHING works. I am so bloated. What do you do when even the recipe that the ER gives you doesn't work?

I just went through all of that myself. What worked for me was the Miralax after 3 doses things took care of themselves. Before that I had tried supps, enemas, and laxative. Miralx worked for me.

In fact I was going to ask if anyone knows if u can take Miralax once every few days to keep things moving or if I shouls opt for a diff stool softner?

If all home remedies have failed, it's time to go to the ER (maybe a bowel impaction).

If this is a chronic problem, you might consider regular daily doses of Miralax. It's worked pretty well for me.
    Daniel

HI,
    I agree with the above. Are you vomitting or nauseated? If so, you may need an abdominal xray to rule out a bowel obstruction.
    Sounds alike you need a good cleaning out (eg,miralax or citrate of magnesium repeated x2). Then you have to stay on top of this with the goal of bowel program every 2 days, fluids, bran,etc. I don't advise waiting 1-2 weeks.

AAD

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjmac View Post
    What do you do when even the recipe that the ER gives you doesn't work?
    what was the er recipe?
    cauda equina

Cool Had similar 4 days

Mag. Citrate and forced fluids did it. Best preventions FLUIDS!!! AND GREEN VEGGIES!
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

Yep had the same thing. Did all the protocols,went to hosp three times and put in. Finally they figured out that the lower rectum muscle had quit functioning. Had a colostomy, literally saved my life. Now no problems, dang I have so much time without worrying about if I am going to go or not, that I had to get a hobby lol.

Hope you feel better. I know tht bloated feeling, get help now.

you should try a large dose of lactulose. that's what they gave me in the hospital when i spent 1 week there because of having my whole large intestine full of stool.
    lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Fabolite!

Try 'FABOLITE', a natural laxative with absolutely no side effects from 'Piramal Healthcare', with sufficient water. Less water will constipate you further, instead.

Sure result. I have no commercial interest in this.

I vouch for its efficacy. Try and post your reply here. Bye.
    ammu

I stopped taking laxatives and stool softeners, was great for a month then started to get constipated. Went once every 5-7 days, changed my diet, stopped eating heavy foods like pizza or drink soda. Eat Activia yogurt for 2-3 weeks plus high fiber diet, fruits, vegetables, limit sweets and lots of water. Also any kind of movement like crawling or pushing your chair down the street helps. Now i have bowels every 2-3 days with no softeners or laxatives. I hope that helps.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился