Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: anyone walking normal

Question anyone walking normal

does anyone know someone that has fully recovered from spinal cord injury?

I know a guy who made close to a full recovery. He still walks with a bit of a limp.

I guess that depends on what you mean? I can walk unaided but still have quite a bit of numbness in my muscles but can feel.

FAITH: Is not believing God can, but knowing he will.

walkin normal is not healed

limp and some drop foot,

Pain 9-10 24hrs a day 365 days a year 5 years in 2 weeks.

all that I am is all gone

bill

I know people who can walk normal but don't have b&b. Others have b&b and can walk with a limp. I have never met anybody who has fully recovered.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I have seen many (though a small percentage of those injured) that recovered full function. The first was a life guard at Craig named Rocky in 1974. He was a C4 like me. I made only 85% by my measure.

Had I gotten better rehab than what I got there it might have been different.
    <Big sarcastic grin>

I walk normally but have problems with b&b. Very lucky not to have much pain only a stiff back once in a while. L1 Burst Two years this month.

My roommate at Shepherd came in with no movement at the c5/c6 level. By the time we left 12 weeks later she was taking steps. She attended the day program for 4 weeks and by the time she was done she was walking. She had to attend her graduation in the nursing program at shepherds in a wheelchair by webcam. Anyway, she recovered remarkably. She is a fulltime ER nurse, regained B&B, walks normal and looks normal; however she says she does have a lot of nerve pain.

one of my dads friends had a sci and he walks pretty good but he drags one leg but has his b&b but said he had alot of pain