Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suppose to pass papers on my new house tomorrow in Florida

Curt: Nice place. Are these photos of the "model home"? I noticed the shower so it had me wondering because it has a good size lip.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Curt: Nice place. Are these photos of the "model home"? I noticed the shower so it had me wondering because it has a good size lip.
    Good observation cheesecake, it is the model home. I cant figure out a way to move some good photos I have of my actual house to post here, the appraisal is pdf. They layout on my unit is the same and the view comparable, the model is next door to mine. My house is totally flat, no little step at the door or garage and no lip in the shower, plus grab bars in the shower. There was a small toilet closet in the master bath I could not fit into with the chair, so that was enlarged quite a bit making the closet next door a little smaller. They also put roll under sinks in my unit in the master bath and the kitchen. I like the interior color in my unit better too, its light gray instead of the yellow and the exterior on mine is the pastel yellow and the inside of the pourch is also yellow. Next time I'm there I'll get some actual pictures of my unit unless I can figure out how to move the pdf pictures from the appraisal int "my Pictures".
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

That's quite the beautiful place there Curt! I especially love the colour of the driveway on the model home - will yours be the same? The view is spectacular as well!

Now be careful and don't meet a gold digger to take it from you - seriously!!!!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    That's quite the beautiful place there Curt! I especially love the colour of the driveway on the model home - will yours be the same? The view is spectacular as well!

Now be careful and don't meet a gold digger to take it from you - seriously!!!!
    Yes, they are the same driveways. pavers, I really like the tile roofs too. On my house I had them run a paver driveway around the side of the house too to get to the lanai from the outside. Another nice feature is double paine glass, so the houses are very energy efficient.

Nope no more gold diggers for me.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Well my loan got approved today and should be all set with buying the house now. Next time I'm in Florida at the house (not for a while) I'll take some good pictures of all the handicap mods I had done on the house and post them probabley not gonna be there until november though at this point, for now some not so good pictures in the next two posts. Also Divosta/Pulte (the builder) still has my plans on file so if anybody else wanted them to build them the same house it would be easy and save a lot of ground work. These houses (including all the hp mods) are now selling for around low 200's. The house is located in Venice which is right next to Sarasota, real nice area and near the beaches.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 08-05-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Heres some actual pictures of my house. Bad quality pics as I took a picture of a picture.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 08-05-2009 at 09:57 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

More pictures, note the shower setup and roll under sinks. Just gonna put a padded shower bench in the shower and a shower curtain with rod, simple as that.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

A suggestion; have them lower the bar seperating the kitchen from the great room. It is so annoying having it higher then the counter height.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    A suggestion; have them lower the bar seperating the kitchen from the great room. It is so annoying having it higher then the counter height.
    Wow, thanks, good point, I didnt even think of this but it would be so much better as a eat in kitchen to have that lowered and maybe the top material extended outward so I could wheel right under it, looks like it would not be very hard to do either.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

You have a beautiful home, the view looks very peaceful.
    Renee