Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Suppose to pass papers on my new house tomorrow in Florida

Dash, that is a great suggestion. I have the same type bar that is useless to me. I wish Id thought to lower it while building

Congrats on new home, Curt. Be sure to inquire about possible FL advalorem tax exemptions.
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

That's one cool house! Congrats!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sreneet View Post
    You have a beautiful home, the view looks very peaceful.
    Thanks so much, it is very peaceful, when I was there for the orientation I did not want to leave, lol. There were ducks paddling up and down the canal, sometimes I guess you see aligators which are cool to watch. They pull them out when they get over 4 feet, still though I would not want to leave a little doggie leashed out in the back alone.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    Dash, that is a great suggestion. I have the same type bar that is useless to me. I wish Id thought to lower it while building

Congrats on new home, Curt. Be sure to inquire about possible FL advalorem tax exemptions.
    Thanks Lorrie, passed papers yesterday, so finally the house is mine. What a nightmare though with the whole mortgage debacle, I really thought at one point I might loose the house, but the home equity deal worked out great.

I dont know if I'm eligable for the advalorem tax exemptions as I'm not a Florida Resident, still a R.I resident. I'm really thinking about becoming a Fl resident though in the future, I've heard there are a lot of tax benefits to be a Fl resident over a lot of other places.

Lorrie, the other thought I'm having rather than touching the high bar top is to put a fold out counter below the high top. That way if I had company they could sit on the bar stools at the high top and when nobody was there I could just fold out a roll under counter under the high top. I'd use hinges that would lock in place. Maybe you ought to think about something like that, I'd think it would be fairly simple to do and not very expensive and real useful.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Coleen View Post
    That's one cool house! Congrats!!!!
    Thanks Rev. I'm real excited about now owning the house and thinking about what a great winter I'm gonna have there.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

The fold out bar addition sounds very doable! Great idea.