Thread: help with research paper

help with research paper

Hello,
    I am currently back in school working towards my masters degree in Higher Education in Student Affairs. In my current Psychology course I am writing a research paper analyzing the relationship between appropriate population (age, desires) of people living with spinal cord injuries and their representation in higher education institutions (post high school) in the USA. What are the mitigating factors driving this decision? What could be done to improve student enrollment among those living with sci's?
    Any input as far as resources: books, periodicals, research, professional journals.....any sources you can think of would be helpful. Also, I may find out I need to broaden or narrow the scope of my research depending on available info. Any input will help. Thanks in advance.

Hi familyman,

I found a few abstracts/sites that may interest you. I don't have access to the full text here at home, but I imagine that you do through your institution. I hope they help--I was surprised to find as little as I did using the sites I usually use (PubMed and Google scholar).

I'd be interested in reading your paper when it's done, do you intend to post it?

Sorry about the wonky fonts on some of these...

Beyond Section 504: Satisfaction and Empowerment of Students with Disabilities in Higher Education

Journal article by Michael West, John Kregel, Elizabeth E. Getzel, Zh Ming, Shyla M. Ipsen, E. Davis Martin; Exceptional Children, Vol. 59, 1993

"Scientists with Disabilities" from Science magazine
    http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org...93449520291031

ACS Chemists w/ Disabilities sites, has profiles and links to fellowships and things
    http://membership.acs.org/C/CWD/edu.html

The importance of accommodations in higher education.
    Saks ER.
    Psychiatr Serv. 2008 Apr;59(4):376. No abstract available.

The experience of higher education from the perspective of disabled students

S Holloway - Disability & Society, 2001 - informaworld.com

THis one's British, not US, but still good

www.ces.ed.ac.uk/PDF%20Files/Brief032.pdf

That's a start... let me know if you want more.

Lori