Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ZR just arrive from Sportaid

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Hi SCI_OTR

I`ve got a question, look at the pic, one chair is yours and you said that had 3.5" COG, I order the chair of my friend with 3" and you can see that the tube of the COG of the frame start in the same place, look at the screw, is in the same place.
    All this is because i tried the chair of my friend and i don`t like to much that COG i would like a bit more, because i`m going to have the same dump, only change 1" less of deep seet and 85ยบ front angle.

So i would like to know if you are sure that your COG was 3.5" and tilite do it wrong with mine or is you that was wrong, because i want 0.5 more, but now i don`t know if i have to go for 3.5" or 4".
    I can`t take measures of the COG of the chair of my friend because he live in another city.

Thanks.
    You caught me. The chair was ordered with a COG of 3.0", but the camber tube clamp was flipped around--making the "real" COG at the time of the pic around 3.5". You'll see that the quick release axle in you pic is aligned with the vertical tubing whereas the axle in my pic is offset ~1/2". I prefer to have the camber tube clamp reversed because the smoother curved section of clamp will at the back. When the clamp is flipped, it is less likely to scratch floors or upholstery if the frame is set down on the floor or a car seat. This pic shows my ZRc whch was spec'd with a COG of 3.0" which increased to 3.5" after the camber tube clamp was flipped...
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 07-28-2009 at 05:43 PM.

O.K thanks.
    I`ve got another question
    Do you know how often did they change the place of the COG tube, every 1/2" maybe?
    It`s because look at he pic, and i want my COG in the center of the tube like the second pic.

O.K thanks.
    I`ve got another question
    Do you know how often did they change the place of the COG tube, every 1/2" maybe?

It`s because look at he pic, and i want my COG in the center of the tube like the second pic.
    I believe the center of the tube is determined based on the COG for each individual chair.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I believe the center of the tube is determined based on the COG for each individual chair.
    But tilite don`t do it in my friend chair.

But tilite don`t do it in my friend chair.
    Unless the axle had been moved before the picture, your freinds rear axle appears pretty much in line. The holes in the bracket may not look centered in the standard configuration, but that's the way they do it. You should find that the camber tube will be aligned with the verticle segment of tubing and there is an equal amount of adjustment each way.

how long did it take you from odering to getting the tilite at home?
    since iam going to visit florida next year its maby possible to oder a tlite at sportaid and pick it up there if its possible

Wheelboy,
    You could order your TiLite from SportAid and then have it delivered right to the hotel in Florida. I don't know that SportAid actually receives the chair from TiLite before it is sent to the end user. I think that SportAid tells TiLite where to ship the chair and it goes directly to the end user. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wheelboy View Post
    how long did it take you from odering to getting the tilite at home?
    since iam going to visit florida next year its maby possible to oder a tlite at sportaid and pick it up there if its possible
    The chair arrive to my friends house in Spain after 4 weeks after the order

A zr i generally a 10 day chair, per tilite.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

thanks for telling me when i come over to fla i call sportaid 6 weeks before i depart most of the time iam 2 weeks in fla that gives me a window of eight weeks .the only thing is that i have to inform the appartments complex that they are delivering a wheelchair for me think thats no problem if been there before .