Thread: Need a backpack for my powerchair

Need a backpack for my powerchair

Hey gang, my old backpack is/has seen better days and I'm looking for a new backpack.

Got any links?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

www.brmsstore.com

go try some in person. look for oversized zippers & easy pulls.

Chair Bag

I have a hand made heavy leather bag on my Permobil C400. It's almost three years old and holding up well. The leather retains its original shape, does not sag in the middle with all my necessities. No zippers, only Velcro. Mine was crafted by a saddle maker, cost $80.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    www.brmsstore.com

go try some in person. look for oversized zippers & easy pulls.
    Funny, actually I stopped in there the other day but didn't like the way they rode on my chair. I have a camo one(imagine that!) that I use when I hunt but I'm looking for something a little dressier, black, easily accessible w/usable pockets.

Waza, I'm sure your leather is nice but too heavy for me.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

hmm... what about a messenger/cargo bag w/ one big strap that you could hook over both handles?

I may have just found one. Just wish the picture was better.

http://www.sportaid.com/xcart/sporta...ge%20Link%2012

Adaptable Designs makes good wheelchair bags that are roomy and fit on the back of either a manual or power chair. I don't own one of their wheelchair bags, but have their bed rail bag and its wonderful.

I use a Quickie Express backpack on my manual chair and by the looks of it, it should fit a power chair back. This bag also has big zipper pulls. I got mine from Amazon.com, but I've also see them sold on Ebay Stores and I think on Spinlife.com

Jessie

Quote Originally Posted by jessie.gray View Post
    Adaptable Designs makes good wheelchair bags that are roomy and fit on the back of either a manual or power chair. I don't own one of their wheelchair bags, but have their bed rail bag and its wonderful.

I use a Quickie Express backpack on my manual chair and by the looks of it, it should fit a power chair back. This bag also has big zipper pulls. I got mine from Amazon.com, but I've also see them sold on Ebay Stores and I think on Spinlife.com

Jessie
    Thanks Jessie, I'll check them out.

After seeing Jessie's recommendation we ordered Adaptable Designs' bed rail bag and chair side pouch; they arrived in just a couple of days and both seem to be excellent.
    - Richard