Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Wise. SCI by a gun shot, can be treatable with UCBC and Lithium?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Jose,

I think that the best way to remove something from the spinal cord is to do so directly. You need to be able to see the spinal cord, so as not to damage it. I may be old-fashioned, but I believe in invasive surgery. Wounds heal from side to side, not end to end. The problem with non-invasive surgery is that you cannot see so clearly. In any case, I don't know of any non-invasive way of removing bone fragments from the spinal cord.

Wise.
    Hello Wise

I understand the process to perform the UCBC transplant in my case should be to do first a laminectomy to remove the bone fragments and then transplant the UCBC, I have two questions to ask, 1. how do they cut the lamina? 2. in matter of time how long it takes to perform all the procedure in your opinion? thank you

best regards

Jose

[QUOTE=jcalix;1090866]Hello Wise

I understand the process to perform the UCBC transplant in my case should be to do first a laminectomy to remove the bone fragments and then transplant the UCBC, I have two questions to ask, 1. how do they cut the lamina? 2. in matter of time how long it takes to perform all the procedure in your opinion, if they do the transplant and the laminectomy to remove the bone fragments at the same time? thank you

best regards

Jose