Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much will the full body scanners see?

How much will the full body scanners see?

I don't know how true the following is but apparently the new body scanners give images that are very close to naked pictures...
    http://www.stephankinsella.com/wp-co.../01/naked2.png

The question is whether these pictures will show up on internet as celebrities pass through. Apparently, the pictures are sufficiently graphic that they are considering exempting minors under 18 from having to undergo full body scanning in England (Source).

http://access.nscpcdn.com/gallery/i/...xray/xray1.jpg

According to a Boston Globe editorial, the scanners will not be effective. Would you rather be patted down or scanned?
    http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...ut_no_panacea/
    Full-body scanners give a more detailed view of what people are carrying under their clothes than current technology. But it’s debatable whether they would have detected the bomb materials hidden in the underwear of the man who tried to bomb Northwest Flight 253. Security experts are uncertain to what extent the scanner images - which the TSA has promised would be blurred over sensitive areas of the body to allay privacy concerns - would detect bomb materials in underclothing. Furthermore, the scanners cannot detect materials that would-be suicide bombers ingest or insert into their body cavities.

That is interesting. I know that ostomy appliances will easily show up on those full body scans. I hope they work.

I cant go by them photos you posted. For one if you look at the "clothed" side of the picture, and then look at what they perdict will be seen, the hands and arms are not in the same positions.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Is it just me, or anyone else feel slightly de-sensitized to a naked body after:
    • 3 months of SCI rehab
    • numerous full bed baths
    • perhaps 15 people with their fingers up my butt
    • urology exams with electrodes on my testicles and in my butt
    • being cleaned up after another involuntary while in bed
    • having been given a bowel program in IC's from both my wife and my mother
    I am being silly of course.....but being seen naked in a grainy black and white picture no longer sends shivers of fear and embarassment down my spine....lol

Most of us here don't have any choise. They are patting us down at the airport and not very carefully. Especially in the US, they didn't do it in a nice way. The hands down in my panties in front of all the other passangers.

I don't like that at all. In Thailand they were much more polite, In Norway and Moscow something between and in Oslo they did ask me if we should go in another room.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    Most of us here don't have any choise. They are patting us down at the airport and not very carefully. Especially in the US, they didn't do it in a nice way. The hands down in my panties in front of all the other passangers.

I don't like that at all. In Thailand they were much more polite, In Norway and Moscow something between and in Oslo they did ask me if we should go in another room.
    The most invasive I had was in Canada. That man owes me a candle-light meal and a bottle of wine...

It is ridiculous since no one checked the contents of my cushion, my back-rest or the space under my foot-plate where I had my pistol hidden.

I strongly suspect this image is fake. Her hair would not look like that, highlights and all, on the scan. And why would her nipples appear darker than the rest of her skin? That would only happen with visible light and multiple wavelengths, not a single wavelength of reflected x-rays.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Is it just me, or anyone else feel slightly de-sensitized to a naked body after:
    • 3 months of SCI rehab
    • numerous full bed baths
    • perhaps 15 people with their fingers up my butt
    • urology exams with electrodes on my testicles and in my butt
    • being cleaned up after another involuntary while in bed
    • having been given a bowel program in IC's from both my wife and my mother
    I am being silly of course.....but being seen naked in a grainy black and white picture no longer sends shivers of fear and embarassment down my spine....lol
    Right there with you Mark. I am not sure why, but if I had to choose between safety and someone oogling my midddle aged body, let them oogle. I just want to arrive at my destination in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post

I agree that in the US they do it badly, and in front of everyone staring. I was patted down by an agent not too long ago and it was way too personal. I tried to joke that we should now perhaps smoke a cigarrette together after that pat down. NEVER, EVER try to kid with a TSA employee. NO sense of humor, just a hostile stare. At the very least they could take us out of the public eye to do this search.