Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: $10,000.00+ For a Tilite ZR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

$10,000.00+ For a Tilite ZR

Talking about cost for a manual 'chair. I recently got my Tilite ZR and its total cost came to $10,130.40! Attached is the receipt for the 'chair. I'll post pictures at another time. No polished frame either!

I had other modifications done to it as to see the serial number sitting from the 'chair. At Tilite there was a big discussion about honoring this request because where do they put the serial number? Under the seat on the cross bar. When you telephone Tilite about your 'chair, what is the first question they ask you? What is your serial number? I can look down and there it is!

Other options: aluminum seat pan, Spinergy LX rims, fixed "V" tapered back at 14", JetStream Pro Low back. Otto Boch "The Cloud" cushion and titanium hand rims sandblasted to a course finish for extra grip.

My Tilite TR lasted nine years with very little problems. I took it to China three times during its life time.

I recently read a thread today that some Tilite 'chairs are not being made to correct specifications. The man who fitted me for my Tilite ZR was a physical therapist. When he fitted me for the ZR he used a tablet notebook computer provide by Tilite to properly fit the person to the 'chair so mistakes could not be made. If there was a mistake or an incorrect fit or certain parts wouldn't work together correctly the computer would sound a noise and you would have to go back and correct the problem. When you were done you had your custom fitted 'chair with no manufacturing errors.

My medical insurance paid for the entire cost with $0 co-pay.

titanium4motion
    Last edited by titanium4motion; 07-26-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Well, looking at your receipt, quickly I'll add, I must humbly say to fuentejps, you are right, your dealer isn't alone.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Well, looking at your receipt, quickly I'll add, I must humbly say to fuentejps, you are right, your dealer isn't alone.

Brian
    When he was anchoring the NBC Nightly News, Tom Brokaw did frequent segments on the "Fleecing of America." T4M's chair is a case in point. The mark-ups are flagrant. Profiteering vis a vis disability is disgusting!!

I bought my Tilite Titanium TR from spokaid

with goodies for $3800. That was enough for me out of pocket.
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

the mark up is crazy, but how many people sue a wheelchair company in a year over stupid stuff? i wish i had the start up$ and liability insurance to make chairs. my friends that are machinists and welders get a kick when i tell them what the price is of a set of brakes,chair frame, etc. etc. kind of disgusting isn't it? oh well it comes that way 'least that's what they say when you play the game

they really charged nealy $1300 for Spinnergy wheels? and an additional several hundered dollars for the handrims plus they charged another 300+ for sandblasting....

no wonder your chair cost over 10K
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Holy cr@p!

......... and I thought the UK supplier of the Frontier X5 was taking the p1ss wanting $12,800.

the insurance companies must know about this excess - and if they werent complicent, wouldnt they pay for chairs bought at someplace like sportaid? so the shop charges way above msrp, knowing that the insurance companies will pay, but the shop cant be the only one gaining on it, can they? why would the insurance company knowingly pay out much more money than they need?

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    ...but the shop cant be the only one gaining on it, can they?
    that begs the question: who else would be?

the shops/dealers only pay the manufacturers what dealer pricing is according to contract, AFAIK.