Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removable footrest

Removable footrest

Okay, peeps. Check my drawings:

http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow...057.1438695097

It is 70° because that is one element in my fubar ZRA. The rest of the numbers will be straightened out in a second draft. Going to do this locally because I can't trust anybody to get it right long distance. I prefer the platform parallel to the ground and 9.9 times out of 10 that will be a multiple rounds fight with TI. And, of course, I will get reamed by designs unlimited if I dare to walk into that den.

As usual, I advocate openness. You can request the file and make money from it if you think you can. You just cannot attempt to patent it.

That's generally the BSD license. Google it.

With what material you are going to do it?
    Have you study if you can give this bend to the material?
    Maybe you can have problems with that

Look what happened trying to do a titanium footplate same as light as the aluminium one, for don`t do it heavier we went for a .03 wall tubing, and look what happened to the tube onces get bend.

That bend you give there is to close, so maybe ....
    Anyway don`t pay me much attention, I`m just a elitist guy who speak a lot, no?

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    With what material you are going to do it?
    Have you study if you can give this bend to the material?
    Maybe you can have problems with that
    I think the elitist might be correct in his observation. That is a very tight bend--especially since there is another sharp bend next to it. Of course, if you went with this DU on the frame you could look at a a design where the extension tubes wouldn't have to connect to one another to preserve the integrity of the frame. Of course, you would have to go down a path you are trying to avoid.

Solution: cut a gusset & weld in place for reinforcement.

Look what happened trying to do a titanium footplate same as light as the aluminium one, for don`t do it heavier we went for a .03 wall tubing, and look what happened to the tube onces get bend.

That bend you give there is to close, so maybe ....
    Anyway don`t pay me much attention, I`m just a elitist guy who speak a lot, no?
    His honorable toto from the kingdom of Spain, thanks for checking out my drawings. As for talking a lot, or talking smack, I'm pretty sure I lead in that category. As foolish old suggested, every thread I go into turns into a brawl. :-)

I am thinking of using 0.065 wall thickness on an aluminum tube.

The idea started here:

http://estore.tilite.com/ecommerce/C...=811&IID=17317

My problem with TI has always been about the business, not the engineering. Consequently, I'm going to trust their tube dimensions.

Also, real world testing of women standing and kneeling on the existing angle adjustable structure reinforces my opinion of the strength. If the guys at the metal shop say to use a thicker wall, I will do that.

A removable foot rest wouldn't undergo any stress that the current one goes through. Eliminating those stresses to the chair and allowing other people to get better footing when having to move me to / from (see airlines) the chair are the primary objectives.

Currently, the downward torque is theoretically incredible but the adjustable ABS maintains its position on ordinary daily use. This design would take all that torque in a stronger spot. I want the rear part of the tube under my heel. The fact that the entire platform would distribute a good portion of the downward forces makes it a much better deal for both the chair and me than what I am doing now.

Simply using the standard ABS hinged platform would keep me in the same or worse predicament… I want at least 9 inches of depth and it looks like the TI item has only five.

Since posting this last night, I thought I would simplify it with two changes:

1. Lose the connection plates. Besides being overly complicated in fabrication, they might end up being dangerous.

2. Wrap the platform tubing in velcro*.

I accomplish the same thing with less parts. That leaves the debate at how the tubes are bent.

@SCIOTR Does that chair have taper or V with those flip ups? It was my understanding that they are not available with V fronts.

@Scott picture? Diagram? Details?

* - This is another example where a superior technology became the standard and the standard became known as the company who perfected it.
    Last edited by radio_buddha; 10-13-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    @Scott picture? Diagram? Details?
    different application, but you'll get the idea.

@sciotr does that chair have taper or v with those flip ups? It was my understanding that they are not available with v fronts.
    from latest "Eye on Ti"

Attachment 37256

from 01OCT2010 ZRA2 order form

Attachment 37257
    Last edited by chasmengr; 10-13-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I don`t understand you very well because my english is not as good and goolgle traductor is a shit.

So, you want to do a footrest with a removable footplate? something like Tilite`s but with a deeper footplate?

So why you don`t do it like tilite but deeper? don`t give two bends to the tube in the front, just one.

I don`t understand you very well because my english is not as good and goolgle traductor is a shit.

So, you want to do a footrest with a removable footplate? something like Tilite`s but with a deeper footplate?

So why you don`t do it like tilite but deeper? don`t give two bends to the tube in the front, just one.

Because TI put my caster wings on in the most fucked up way imaginable(directly behind the front end.) , the double bend is the only way it works for ZRA 21706.

FWIW, the TI member has looked into the matter and apologized to me in private messaging. That's why I don't make broad strokes against them anymore and I'm not at war with them.

They have competition for my next chair. I'm looking at the Instinct Elevator as my legs work well enough that complete rigidity might be bad for me. I'd like to buy The Icon like yesterday. Doing it myself is an option. The TR currently leads.

I'll have a revised drawing later today.