Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gold plated zr w/ built in testicle tickler

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    again, we can agree to disagree, this is the way it is and will continue to be. i pay the premium, so i get what i want. no need to argue, if i wear you i would be bitter too.. i guess my question to u would be why in 10 years havent u just saved and bought a new chair?? you work, 3-4k isnt a ton of monies.

my standards for may be higher than some chair wise, but again, its like anything else, if i want it i get it.

as for the inflated prices, the ins co's are aware and they let it continue.
    You are right, we can agree to disagree, and do and have.

I am not sure what you mean, "I pay a premium".

If I thought I would be turned down when wanting a new chair I clearly would have planned differently, hindsight is 20/20 here. As for waiting 10 years, actually I should say 8 as I tried 2 years ago and was denied then too, but I didn't pursue before then because I never thought/needed too, the chair was fine.

I don't see your standards as higher than others, maybe just the opposite, where others take better care of what they own.

As for turning a blind eye to the inflated prices; I am sure if the insurance company had a choice they'd chose the lower quote of a more honest company. Aren't you the one who started the "Let's expose DME's" thread?

Blog Entries
    I agree with John. A chair looks like shit less than a year after you get it. That is, IF you are out living life, transferring into vehicles multiple times per day. And also if you spend a lot of time outdoors, NOT tooling around inside or on concrete everywhere you go.
    If I came to his office and he was sitting in MY chair, I'd be highly apt to go somewhere else for my business. If he was a mechanic, it would be different. Business is business, the bum in nasty clothes won't get much work. So it goes with the chair.

He pays his insurance to USE when needed. They buy his chairs. That is normal. The price they are charging, that is THEIR fault. Not John's.
    I rode around for 12 years in my first chair. I didn't cry because others had new chairs. I am happy for them. He pays HIS way in life. I don't get why some of you feel it is UNFAIR for him to get wheelchairs.
    It doesn't come out of your pocket, it comes out of JOHN'S pocket, see, he's the guy working and paying the premiums. His insurance company is making a fortune off each chair, above what Ti or whoever is charging for them. THAT is the sad part.
    Insurance companies are a BUSINESS. They make money off those who pay the premiums.

this is industry wide brian, very common. i addressed this in my dme thread. the ppl and service w/ atg is good, their margins are high, but as i said they did tell me this up front.

best of luck w/ a new ride, im sure it will impact your mobility in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    You are right, we can agree to disagree, and do and have.

I am not sure what you mean, "I pay a premium".

If I thought I would be turned down when wanting a new chair I clearly would have planned differently, hindsight is 20/20 here. As for waiting 10 years, actually I should say 8 as I tried 2 years ago and was denied then too, but I didn't pursue before then because I never thought/needed too, the chair was fine.

I don't see your standards as higher than others, maybe just the opposite, where others take better care of what they own.

As for turning a blind eye to the inflated prices; I am sure if the insurance company had a choice they'd chose the lower quote of a more honest company. Aren't you the one who started the "Let's expose DME's" thread?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    best of luck w/ a new ride, im sure it will impact your mobility in a big way.
    Thanks fuentejps, I know it will and I am getting ever so close!

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    I agree with John. A chair looks like shit less than a year after you get it. That is, IF you are out living life, transferring into vehicles multiple times per day. And also if you spend a lot of time outdoors, NOT tooling around inside or on concrete everywhere you go.
    If I came to his office and he was sitting in MY chair, I'd be highly apt to go somewhere else for my business. If he was a mechanic, it would be different. Business is business, the bum in nasty clothes won't get much work. So it goes with the chair.

He pays his insurance to USE when needed. They buy his chairs. That is normal. The price they are charging, that is THEIR fault. Not John's.
    I rode around for 12 years in my first chair. I didn't cry because others had new chairs. I am happy for them. He pays HIS way in life. I don't get why some of you feel it is UNFAIR for him to get wheelchairs.
    It doesn't come out of your pocket, it comes out of JOHN'S pocket, see, he's the guy working and paying the premiums. His insurance company is making a fortune off each chair, above what Ti or whoever is charging for them. THAT is the sad part.
    Insurance companies are a BUSINESS. They make money off those who pay the premiums.
    Is this supposed to be some slam against me implying I don't get out in life? If so, you don't know me or my abilities.

Sure a chair will show some wear if transfered around as you say, but I asked John to show us this wear, not that it really matters.

Spare me your belittling remarks, nobody is on here crying about John getting a new chair, I simply raise a few points.

As for it not coming out of my pocket, see Stephen's post above!

I don't recall alluding to it being UNFAIR either, though admit that I may be speaking out of some frustration, though the questions remain.

Yes, insurance companies are a business, and when their costs go up, so do ours.

It's pretty easy to keep a ti chair looking good, at 5 years the only wear is a bit of paint off the front of the footplate & pits in the natural fit handrims.

ill do a review when i get it, like i said i changed a few things, also getting one of those adi carbon backs too.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Blog Entries
    No man, I'm not picking on or trying to 'slam' you. This is directed at wc users in general. One thing I KNOW after reading here for 8 or 9 years, MOST of them don't get out and about to the extent that they wear out a chair or just use it hard that it needs replacing. I'm not in the habit of making jabs at strangers. And I damn sure don't talk shit about folks I don't know.

This ain't the first thread folks have whined about John's ability to get the equipment he needs. Funny, when almost all the complaints are NOT being able to get what you need. THAT is why I posted.

Oh, and btw, ass chewing and smart asses are why I am rarely found around here anymore. Too many whiners. Not that it matters to me anyway, I've NEVER been a contestant in a popularity contest, lol.

John, Here's a thought: Why not leave your new chair at the office when it comes. That way it will look fresh for years to come. AND rather than sell your current chair, send it back to TiLite to be refinished or have some auto shop give it a fresh paint job. It's good to have a back-up.

Brianm, that is awful about your insurance. I think even Medicare buys folks chairs every 7 years. Do you have Medicare as a secondary insurance?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!