Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here comes the BRIDE????!!!

Here comes the BRIDE????!!!

So this is our official announcement:

On August 1, 2009, Mary will MARRY Mike who makes her the happiest she could ever imagine to be. We planned a beach wedding, in the presence of only our immediate family members, followed by a well deserved and much needed honeymoon vacation on that same beach.

In the midst of planning, in June, Jacquie celebrated her 16th birthday, and John graduated from high school. Mike turned 50 and Mary turned a little less than that. There were parties, and work, and more parties. Perhaps it is true, that in the course of becoming a good clinician, I became less of an expert at baking birthday cakes. That is ok because I am told at my place of work that there is no one quite like me when it comes to what I do there. There are bakeries and they do a better job.

Mike and I are having a simple wedding ceremony performed by a lovely retired couple who are both ministers. They use the analogy of the ocean to describe long lasting relationships. Something about waves and ups and downs, which over the past four years, Mike and I have come to know all to well.

We are having a sand ceremony after the wedding vows. There will be a crystal vase that we will place sand from the place where we are joining our lives and blending our families. My side of the family will have sand from the Long Island Sound shore in Connecticut to pour into the vase, and his family will have sand from where they live, in Jacksonville FL. Our children will have sand from Virginia Beach, and each child and grandchild will also place in the vase some crystals the color of their birthstones, and there will be green beach glass added for Erin, Mike's daughter who died suddenly at the age of 21 nearly 3 years ago. The vase will stand in our home as a reminder of our blended family, how each part comes together, and while it all looks the same it is all still very unique and different.

After, we are hosting the family for breakfast at the resort where we are staying and spending a day together playing and relaxing at the beach.

It promises to be a lovely day, hopefully no bad weather, but there is a workaround for that.

I never thought I would ever write a post like this after everything I have been through.

For those of you who are the ones who helped me so much, when I was trying to drag my life out of those ashes, back when, thank you. Your time was not wasted.

So on to the next event, thanks again and yes there will be pictures!

Sincerely,

Mary,
    Mother of John and Jacquie
    Spine Nurse, Administrator
    And soon to be: Wife of Mike.
    1FineSpineRN

many good wishes to you. how wonderful.

Mary...I am squealing with delight for you....nobody deserves more happiness than you do! God bless you all!

Love,

Teena

Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials, Mary. I wish you and Mike all the happiness that this world has to offer! May God bless your "new" family richly!
    Daniel

Thumbs up

Mary, I think there is a saying so true .. Good things come to those who wait. I believe that it is what has happened to you. Your patience and perseverance, plus being the lovely person, inside and out, that you are has finally arrived. I pray that from here on, the road ahead for both of you is filled with good things, happiness and many blessings. You all deserve it.

Also wanted to say that the plans sound really awesome. Will be looking forward to seeing the pics.

Love you.

Raven
    Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
    but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Your wedding plans reminded me of this story Mar -

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, about 2 inches in diameter. He then asked the students if the jar was full?
    They agreed that it was. So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
    The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He then asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "yes". The professor then produced two glass of water from under the table and proceeded to pour their entire contents into the jar - effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.
    "Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the important things - your family, your partner, your health, your children - things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else. The small stuff. If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out strolling. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the tap. Take care of the rocks first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

...... damn I'm such a cry baby ... I always cry at weddings ... can't wait for the pics .... I wish for you a golden sunset on your beautiful beach wedding sweetie .... man ... you've come a long way baby !! Mazel tov ...

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Wonderful news ! Congradulations !!!

So happy for the both of you.....the wedding sounds beautiful..
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Congratulations! The ceremony sounds beautiful.