Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any One That Went to The Recent National Veterans Wheelchair Games

Any One That Went to The Recent National Veterans Wheelchair Games

Hello My Fellow Veterans,
    I was wondering if any of you that were lucky & fortunate enough to have attended the National Veterans Wheelchair Games this past week in Spokane have anything to report. I feel so bad that I was not able to attend. I wanted to meet a lot of my Care Cure Fellow Veterans & my other fellow Veterans at the games. Those of you that went hope you won a lot of medals to take back home with you to show off to your town's residents & to your families. If any one has anything to post about the games I hope you will do so. I hope to be able to attend the games next year in Denver Colorado.

Bob S.
    Oldsmar Florida
    Air Force 8/71 to 5/75
    Last edited by RAFS; 07-18-2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: lef out the word so

Didn't get to go, but heard our team did pretty well. We sent two staff (we are short on therapy staff right now, so that is all we could spare)

There is a lot of information about the NVWG here:

http://www1.va.gov/vetevent/nvwg/2009/default.cfm

Next year: Denver!

(KLD)

We're just driving out of Spokane after seeing many events and meeting many cool folks! I'm totally motivated to go and play quad rugby!!

I also got to show my FreeWheel to everyone and try it both on the track and through the slalom couses. They deteremined that since I was floating over all the obstacles with such ease that the FreeWheel was illegal! Fun.

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    We're just driving out of Spokane after seeing many events and meeting many cool folks! I'm totally motivated to go and play quad rugby!!

I also got to show my FreeWheel to everyone and try it both on the track and through the slalom couses. They deteremined that since I was floating over all the obstacles with such ease that the FreeWheel was illegal! Fun.

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com
    Hey Pat,
    Glad you go to go. Are you a Veteran or were you there as a vendor? I'm so disappointed that I didn't get to attend the games. I was suppose to meet up witht an old high school friend at his friends house that live in Spokane. We were going to have a barbeque there. Will you be at the games next year in Denver? I hope to go to the games next year & participate. I'm an Air Force Veteran. Hope to meet you there if we both make it to the games. Your Freewheel device looks cool to me. Hope you sell many of them.

Take Care !

Bob S.
    Oldsmar, Florida

Hi Bob,

We went to show off my FreeWheel. I'm not a vet although my Dad was a Lt. Col. in the Air Force which makes me a Brat! Many Vets in Idaho encouraged me to show in Spokane.

We learned a couple things; 1. Everyone loved the FreeWheel! 2. If your VA PT prescribes a FreeWheel for you, the VA will buy it for you!

I hope to see you in Denver!

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    Hi Bob,

We went to show off my FreeWheel. I'm not a vet although my Dad was a Lt. Col. in the Air Force which makes me a Brat! Many Vets in Idaho encouraged me to show in Spokane.

We learned a couple things; 1. Everyone loved the FreeWheel! 2. If your VA PT prescribes a FreeWheel for you, the VA will buy it for you!

I hope to see you in Denver!

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com
    Pat,

Your Freewheel has definitely caught my attention. Any chance someone can come in and do an in-service/demo for our physical therapists in San Diego? I'd like to demo one myself before putting in a Prosthetics request.

We had great time in Spokane. Our son Tim played only rugby but he plans to do more sports next year in Denver. He made many new friends and he's looking forward to see them again next year.

Timo, I saw his picture in one of the NVWG daily newspapers. He looks great! Glad he had a good time at the Games. Isn't Quad Rugby exciting! I love to watch.

(KLD)

Vet Advisor, I sent you a PM. I would like you to try a FreeWheel and see what you think. I don't know how to proceed with a money back guarantee when someone else may pay for it.

Anyways, With a perch to hang your FreeWheel on the back of your chair, your FreeWheel becomes an everyday tool that saves energy, time and your body.

Let me know what you think.

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

I wish that we made it over to the Veterans Wheelchair Games. My son isn't a veteran but my husband is. (uninjured, fortunately)

Timo, I am glad to hear that Tim was participating in the games. I hope that we'll see him playing quad rugby, sometime.

We have one of Pat's FreeWheels on order and can't wait for my son to try it out!