Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOX network's new sitcom "Brothers" finally puts a "wheeler" in primetime

FOX network's new sitcom "Brothers" finally puts a "wheeler" in primetime

This tv show should prove very interesting, though I don't know how long it will last in primetime on a Friday night. Check out the preview here:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote...ox-first-look/

It looks pretty good.

It reads boring to me. Notice how the wheeler loses all he had and must have AB family fix everything. I'll be surprised if it lasts a season.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

The same actor has been in prime time before -- he was a regular cast member of the NBC series "Ed".
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    The same actor has been in prime time before -- he was a regular cast member of the NBC series "Ed".
    Yes! I loved that show and I liked his character too. He was injured in a motorcycle accident, I think--T-9, I believe. Daryl "Chill" Mitchell was acting long before his SCI though, and he was in the great Star Trek spoof Galaxy Quest.

The previews for this new show "Brothers" seem like a generic sitcom, but it's always cool to see a crip in prime-time, particularly when played by a crip.

Anybody ever see that episode of Damon Wayans' sitcom (I think it's called "My Wife and Kids") where Mos Def played an old friend of his who was now paralyzed (a para)? It was a pretty good episode, but I've never been able to sit through an entire episode of that show, despite the fact that I really like Damon Wayans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    Daryl "Chill" Mitchell was acting long before his SCI though, and he was in the great Star Trek spoof Galaxy Quest.
    Thank you! I've been trying to place him in something else since I saw the commercial and have been too lazy/forgetful to check him out on IMDB. It's Galaxy Quest!

"It turned inside out."
    "And it exploded."
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

also the teacher in 10 things I Hate About You
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    It reads boring to me. Notice how the wheeler loses all he had and must have AB family fix everything. I'll be surprised if it lasts a season.
    Actually it says that the former NFL playing other son loses all he had. The paralyzed guy just needs some help with his restaurant. The mother has to solve all the problems so it may actually be a typical “men are not as smart as women” themed sitcom.

Maybe if mom was so smart she should have taught her boys a little about wise money management.

At least the paralyzed guy is actually in a realistic chair for a para.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    At least the paralyzed guy is actually in a realistic chair for a para.
    Because he is a para.

But, yeah, it's annoying when you see a gimp on TV or in the movies with an old-fashioned granny/hospital chair or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Because he is a para.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

But, yeah, it's annoying when you see a gimp on TV or in the movies with an old-fashioned granny/hospital chair or something.
    I know he is. It usually takes a real para to have them in a realistic chair. He probably got to wardrobe and they said "Ok Chill, Sally here will be doing your makeup and Sal here has polished up this beautiful chrome and leather wheelchair for you. As you can see it's styled to make your character believably helpless.”

At this point Chill said “F that I’m using my own. My shoulders started to hurt and my ass almost got a pressure sore just looking at that thing. Maybe I can even get product placement bucks from TiLite.”