Thread: Lost strength in arm

Lost strength in arm

Came all of a sudden. I have lost significant strength in my right arm when I´m trying to lift something over my head. I use to be able to lift 10 pound heavy hands over my head in reps of 25. I can´t lift it above the level of my shoulder. Not even once. Without the weight, I can lift my arm up, but it feels like there is some kind of resistance and weakness. I then slapped on a heavy hand with a one pound weight. I could lift it about nine times until muscle failure. WTF? What is strange is that there is no pain at all. Can this be just overuse, or is something up with my spinal cord/perephrial nerve?

Anybody ever have this happen to them before?
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

If you are using a manual chair it would be common to have rotator cuff problems but there is usually some shoulder pain involved. May be best to have the arm/shoulder x-ray'd. Good luck!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Any history of a syrinx?

No, but I was wondering about it. I use a manual chair and do frequent hand cycling.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

See your physician and get a referral to a neurologist. They should rule out both root or peripheral nerve compression syndromes, as well as a syrinx.

(KLD)

Thanks Kathy. Off to find a neuro who knows what their doing.