Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: programming Dragon naturally speaking 10

programming Dragon naturally speaking 10

I am a newcomer to Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 preferred and need some help with the following:

How do I program Dragon to go to particular websites?

How do I open attachments in Outlook express?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takenaback View Post
    I am a newcomer to Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 preferred and need some help with the following:

How do I program Dragon to go to particular websites?

How do I open attachments in Outlook express?

Thanks
    Try the "What Can I Say" command. From there you will learn some of the basics of how to navigate the Internet. Also, take a look at the Feature Comparison Matrix Chart for product information.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I used the version 8. You have to use some test program for hours before the computer can fully understand you. It was great but took to much memory and slowed other software. Hope you enjoy it.

Yes I have used the "what can I say" command and have been training it. It is excellent for dictation but I think I may have expected too much of it. I thought I was going to be able to completely operate my computer hands free, I am still in the learning phase so I expect to gradually improve my skills.

Thank you for your replies.

Hope it works for you
    I remember back in the early nineties we had a lady that couldn't type well, so we ordered naturally speaking, it took her a long time to get it programmed, but once done she did letters great.
    i'd image the new program is far more complicated, hope you get it to do what you need to do
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I haven't been able to open attachments in Outlook express and this is really bothering me, despite my research I haven't uncovered anything. Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance.

Expand the e-mail message by saying "open that" (message must be highlighted first) and "MouseGrid" to use the MouseGrid to navigate the pointer over the attachment in the attachment line in the message, and "double-click" to open the attachment. Kind of a pita but it works for me, hope it does for you. Let me know if you need screenshots...

Edit to add: You're C5/6, should be able to use a trackball mouse. Works for me... till my arm gives out!
    Last edited by quadvet; 07-20-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Edit to add: You're C5/6, should be able to use a trackball mouse. Works for me... till my arm gives out![/QUOTE]

Yeah I am C5/C6, can use a trackball just fine, typing is not too bad for one finger but I've got a new toy and I'm just trying to work out how to use it most effectively. I will give your method a go but I can see that it's go be much easier for me to just double-click the attachment with my mouse. I just had this impression that I would be able to stay "open attachment" and the attachment would just open.

In reading about Dragon NaturallySpeaking a lot is made of having the correct headset in particular the Andrea headset but I am using a Logitech Clear Chat Pro and it seems to be working okay with only a few mistakes. Is it worth outlaying the money in my case it would be at least $150 AU?

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet View Post

Edit to add: You're C5/6, should be able to use a trackball mouse. Works for me... till my arm gives out!
    C 4/5 and I almost destroyed my shoulder using a trackball for digital mapping. Now I use a Jouse:

http://www.jouse.com/

Hey that's pretty slick Van Quad, thanks.

Takenaback, you can create macros in the Professional version Dragon that would open attachments or any other sequence of commands, but I personally have had little experience or luck at it. Also, I haven't had great personal results with "better" microphones. Suggest you search this Computer Forum for in-depth discussions, there's been quite a few. All the best with it.