Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E.Motion M15 user/owner feedback needed!

I use the M15's on a TiLite Aero X. Very easy for a mechanic to install the brackets. I have found that they are harder to keep straight then the M12's I used to have and have noticed they do cut out every once and awhile as mentioned in an earlier post. My mechanic is looking into this problem.

M15 wheel issues

Had the wheels about a year now...been usable less than 6 months. First, one was assembled without a rim spacer so clanked....that took 3 weeks to fix. next sheared 4 of the 5 pins that hold the push rim...very fortunate I was not going down a hill when it broke or the push rim would cataulpted me out of the chair. took 3 weeks to fix....but they only fixed one side. wheel came back and a spoke broke. before I could get it in to be fixed, another pin broke on the unfixed wheel that connects the push rim to the wheel. The good news, batter life has been great. I've only had to charge them 8 times in a year of ownership ! ...but honestly, I still love the product, but as a MIT engineer, I think I could help design a more robust product if anyone can hook me up with the right powers to be.

Quote Originally Posted by addc02t View Post
    Had the wheels about a year now...been usable less than 6 months. First, one was assembled without a rim spacer so clanked....that took 3 weeks to fix. next sheared 4 of the 5 pins that hold the push rim...very fortunate I was not going down a hill when it broke or the push rim would cataulpted me out of the chair. took 3 weeks to fix....but they only fixed one side. wheel came back and a spoke broke. before I could get it in to be fixed, another pin broke on the unfixed wheel that connects the push rim to the wheel. The good news, batter life has been great. I've only had to charge them 8 times in a year of ownership ! ...but honestly, I still love the product, but as a MIT engineer, I think I could help design a more robust product if anyone can hook me up with the right powers to be.
    WOOOOOOOAH, I had mine for 6 months and love them - never had a single problem... w/o them i wouldnt be able to push anywhere
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I am in australia so i dont have the same insurance problems (rather different issues with getting them funded!) however i am excited to find a bunch of people who are using these wheels. I have dystonia a neuromuscular condition that causes movements and prevents me from walking also severe fatigue and pain and i struggle to get more than 20 or 50 metres in ANY normal manual chair. however i have enough ability to legally drive and have been using the WYMO wheelchair hoist since december 2009 when i regained my drivers license. I have been told by OT who contacted The company that makes the emotion wheels that putting them on this hoist will be fine but will need a few modifications. Hoping that they can sort this all out and that the government funds them. I am having a trial in my own home 1st february. its not exactly wheelchair accessible rather more like a normal house with ramps and stuff. I am hoping that i will do fine since ive pushed a normal manual chair around in this house for the past 3 and bit years!!!! Does anyone have any advice about what to do/not to do with these wheels? ive had a couple of trials at the shop that sells them and at my physios rooms as well so ive had a couple of goes already which is why i know how good they are already!!! anything will be better than what im in at the moment and this will be my first real chair too!!!