Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E.Motion M15 user/owner feedback needed!

Angry E.Motion M15 user/owner feedback needed!

I think the post here is a great assessment and I agree with nearly everything. I'm curious if others have had problems with the wheels power cutting out right-after turning them on (then give two long and one short beep). I'm on my third set of replacement wheels and still having this problem. The wheels act like there is no charge left but I've had it happen when both battery indicators were at 3, 4 or 5 lights on.

I wrote an original review for New Mobility which I gave Frank Mobility permission to re-print on their site:

http://www.frankmobility.com/docs/Technability.pdf

I was super-impressed initially with the battery life and programability, but I fear the spotty nature of the internal circuitry is a systemic problem. I'm on the verge of asking Frank Mobility to take my article off there site and writing a follow-up, but I'd very much like to hear from other M15 owners.

PS - I was nearly dumped out of my chair when going down a ramp leaving a restaurant the other day. It was quite a scene with my bag, laptop, iPhone, work paper etc. scattered across the parking lot. PLEASE be careful if you own these.

Banned
    I just ordered the E.Motion wheels. It's will be my first set of power-assist wheels, after spending 5+ years in a power chair. Your review is a little disappointing, but, I'm so pumped to get out of the power chair!

Thanks for the heads up!

Hi Jay- your article was incredibly well-written and I actually purchased a set of the new wheels partially based upon your review. The new version just arrived last week and I'm still trying to work out some of the settings. My initial impression is that they are significantly harder to push straight. Truly,many thanks for the heads up regarding the internal circuitry. In a week or two I'll write up a review.

Thanks Chaz! The good news is that Frank Mobility tech support says that I'm the only one to report the problem, so if that is true it is good news for others who have purchased the M15s, and I am still happy with mine. One tip to note with regard to pushing, control and sensitivity. There are a ton of programming options for the wheels, so make sure to get the magnetic key and programming guide from your reseller (they usually reserve these for PTs so you may have to fight a bit).

Best,

Justin (Jay) Moninger

I actually got Medi-Cal to pay for E Motion wheels on my TiLite ZRA when I got hurt in 2004. I used the chair perhaps half a dozen times and it has been in a wherehouse getting DENIED by MediCal and Medicare since it needs new batteries and a new charger again. I never even got to use it. Granted my emotions were the old ones but I do not think a worse company exists other than Franklin Mobility. Lucky for me I am now in an ultralight chair and a super quad since I had no choice but to use a manual chair for all these years. I rolled my Explorer 6 times to get SCI and frankly think that Fix or Recall Daily aka FORD is a much better company than Franklin shi....

Hey people,
    What type of chairs are you attaching your e-motion wheels to? What type of rims are you using? I have been pushing a quickie with quad tips [projection rims] for 30 years and am wondering about the appropriateness of the e-motion rims for my weak hands?

Quote Originally Posted by JayColorado View Post
    I think the post here is a great assessment and I agree with nearly everything. I'm curious if others have had problems with the wheels power cutting out right-after turning them on (then give two long and one short beep). I'm on my third set of replacement wheels and still having this problem. The wheels act like there is no charge left but I've had it happen when both battery indicators were at 3, 4 or 5 lights on.

I wrote an original review for New Mobility which I gave Frank Mobility permission to re-print on their site:

http://www.frankmobility.com/docs/Technability.pdf

I was super-impressed initially with the battery life and programability, but I fear the spotty nature of the internal circuitry is a systemic problem. I'm on the verge of asking Frank Mobility to take my article off there site and writing a follow-up, but I'd very much like to hear from other M15 owners.

PS - I was nearly dumped out of my chair when going down a ramp leaving a restaurant the other day. It was quite a scene with my bag, laptop, iPhone, work paper etc. scattered across the parking lot. PLEASE be careful if you own these.
    Hey, I have a question about charging batteries on the new M15's I got about a month ago. Whenever I go to charge them while I am sitting in my chair and plugging the cord into the battery on my right side of the wheel, as soon as I transfer onto my bed, the right side audible signal comes on and somebody has to come into my room and unplug it from the wheel and then plug back in as this resets the charging. This is even before I have plugged the power cord into the AC outlet.

Has anybody had any problems with this? All Frank Mobility said was this was one of the new and improved safety features in case you move the wheels while they are plugged into the wheel the sound will alert you. I am not moving the wheels at all, the locks are on and the chair does not move. If you have any ideas how to plug them in and not taking them off the wheels much appreciated.

e motion

I saw the emotion wheels at the expo in schumburg illinois last month. they look cool and very useful for all but I almost fell out of my chair when they told me 5 grand. I don't think all three of my chairs cost that much together. I know my insurance will not be buing those. How did you guys and girls get medical to pay for them??
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

As for the beeping problem, I know you must turn the wheels off either using the remote or buttons on the wheels BEFORE plugging them in to charge.

As for paying for the M15s (which generally end up over $6k), you need a PT/OT at a good rehab hospital to help write a justification letter. Say something along the lines of "They provide exercise, but prevent tendinitis and other shoulder problems." As with any company, your best bet is to convince them that paying a little now can prevent costly surgery down the line. That being said, they are still often rejected, so you might go the fundraiser route. If you do, check out the NTAF, they are great.

http://www.livewellmedical.com/index...oducts_id=2076

http://www.transplantfund.org/Catastrophic/

Quote Originally Posted by peegy p View Post
    Hey people,
    What type of chairs are you attaching your e-motion wheels to? What type of rims are you using? I have been pushing a quickie with quad tips [projection rims] for 30 years and am wondering about the appropriateness of the e-motion rims for my weak hands?
    You certainly won't need pegs with power assist. I use the rubber coated rims, and along with my rubber palm gloves (http://glovesforlife.com/content.html) I have no trouble. I don't grip the push rims at all, just use friction.