Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Why can't I sign in on first try?

Help! Why can't I sign in on first try?

Ok, computer geeks, I need some help. I am using firefox browser on a Vista Home Edition computer. When ever I come to cure/care I must sign in. Most of the times I have to sign in over and over until it finally "takes."

Then, if I don't refresh the page or use care/cure for awhile, but keep its page open, when I come back, I am required to sign in again...and again I have to sign in over and over....only once in a while can I sign in successfully on the first try.

It hasn't always been like this! Is there a way to fix it?

I have a desktop that runs on xp and firefox, and it works fine. Never have to sign in at all.

Thanks.

Bill
    Last edited by bill j.; 07-11-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Are "checking" the "Remember Me" option? That puts a cookie for future logins.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Are "checking" the "Remember Me" option? That puts a cookie for future logins.
    yes, those options are checked.

I should ad that this site is the only one which I have trouble with and which I must log into each time.

I have the same issue - and have had it on this site for at least 2 months now. No other issues on other sites I have to sign in to. I have no clue, but it is annoying. I have a MAC that I use primarily, but have the same issue on a PC.

Just hit refresh after the first time. It should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    I have the same issue - and have had it on this site for at least 2 months now. No other issues on other sites I have to sign in to. I have no clue, but it is annoying. I have a MAC that I use primarily, but have the same issue on a PC.
    Good to know someone has the same type problem. My sign-in used to work fine, then suddenly it did not work. I thought it might be due to a firefox update. I didn't think too much about it but it is now getting as annoying has hell.

I thought there might be some settings on firefox to adjust or maybe some settings on the care/cure forum??? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Them Bones View Post
    Just hit refresh after the first time. It should do the trick.
    thanks. I'll give it a try.

This started happening to me a few months ago and I hit refresh to fix it. Its quite annoying actually.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    This started happening to me a few months ago and I hit refresh to fix it. Its quite annoying actually.
    Thembones and you are right. Hitting the refresh button after the first time does get me signed in. Thanks! While still annoying....it is not half as annoying as repeatedly hitting the sign in button time after time until it finally takes. One time it took me 15 tries!

I still have to wonder what is going on to cause this. The care/cure site is the only site it does it on.

I cant ether. never could. I just go back and hit link that says click this if it doesnt automatically take you.....