Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The new Quickie Hellium

cool thanks ill give ita try

I'm hearing from some fairly well-placed sources that the Helium may be coming state-side sooner rather than later...

like this year?

Quickie's running an in the Sept. issue of New Mobility featuring a new model called the Q7. This might be the US name for the Helium, though that's just a guess.

maybe, quickie europe tends towards words, whereas their us counterparts like letters. argon = gt, argon ti = gti, neon = gtx, helium = q7?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Quickie's running an in the Sept. issue of New Mobility featuring a new model called the Q7. This might be the US name for the Helium, though that's just a guess.
    You look to be spot on. The web site mentioned in the ad is not online yet, but my guess is that it will be soon.

www.quickieQ7.com

I like Adrian, will never have anything to do with Quickie again. Their customer service is terrible, the chairs are not squared nor run true. I had a Sopur Chair after Quickie bought them out. Frame cracked and Quickie would do nothing in that they considered Sopor a European chair, I bought the chair in Canada.

Just latley, my rep bought, without my knowledge, two foam cushions from Sunrise(Quickie) and they were wrong. This took nine months and sending off one of my old hard foam cushions. The reps from Quickie said they would contact me and make it right. Haven't heard from them. I'm dropping off the cushions this weekend to the rep and he can do what he wants with them.

When Marilyn Hamilton ran the business Quickie was the chair to own. Now like Adrian, I have no faith nor would I ever recommend owning one. Their customer service stinks and that is what counts after we get the chair.

With a previous thread of the open frame design and its possible weakness in breaking, Why would anyone want to spend that type of money on a titanium chair that is lighter. the only way the frame can get lighter is by making the walls of the tubing thinner. I dunno doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post

With a previous thread of the open frame design and its possible weakness in breaking, Why would anyone want to spend that type of money on a titanium chair that is lighter. the only way the frame can get lighter is by making the walls of the tubing thinner. I dunno doesn't make sense.

Is not a titanium chair, is made of aluminium and remember that aluminium is lighter than titanium,titanium weight near the double of aluminium, but titanium is much stronger than aluminium and they can make their chairs with thinner walls of the tubing, that`s is why the titanium chairs are lighter, but no because titanium is lighter.

We could do a replic of a ZR in aluminium for example, with a 1mm more of thicker wall, and it will be lighter, but not stronger.

Agreed, quickies are just shit.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick madsen View Post
    i like adrian, will never have anything to do with quickie again. Their customer service is terrible, the chairs are not squared nor run true. I had a sopur chair after quickie bought them out. Frame cracked and quickie would do nothing in that they considered sopor a european chair, i bought the chair in canada.

Just latley, my rep bought, without my knowledge, two foam cushions from sunrise(quickie) and they were wrong. This took nine months and sending off one of my old hard foam cushions. The reps from quickie said they would contact me and make it right. Haven't heard from them. I'm dropping off the cushions this weekend to the rep and he can do what he wants with them.

When marilyn hamilton ran the business quickie was the chair to own. Now like adrian, i have no faith nor would i ever recommend owning one. Their customer service stinks and that is what counts after we get the chair.

With a previous thread of the open frame design and its possible weakness in breaking, why would anyone want to spend that type of money on a titanium chair that is lighter. The only way the frame can get lighter is by making the walls of the tubing thinner. I dunno doesn't make sense.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    You look to be spot on. The web site mentioned in the ad is not online yet, but my guess is that it will be soon.

www.quickieQ7.com
    It's not like me to quote myself, but the site is now up. and running.