Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The new Quickie Hellium

Just like with the auto market, europe gets the cool design stuff and america gets the fluff..?!

I contacted Sunrise Medical to see when/if the Helium was going to be launched in the US. The customer rep I spoke with had never even heard of the model. Completely unaware. So much for the Quickie grapevine.
    Last edited by stephen212; 07-20-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I contacted Sunrise Medical to see when/if the Helium was going to be launched in the US. The customer rep I spoke with had never even heard of the model. Completely unaware.
    No surprise, unfortunately.

Wonder if the US will get it.

I was all about no quickie (first one was a pos), but that one look great.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    You only have to take it out if you don`t want it

http://www.sunrisedice.com/asset-ban...tfile/4296.pdf
    The pdf fle says:

An oval ergonomic hand grip ensures balanced lifting of the
    chair from the cross bar for easy car transfers. An additional
    oval hand grip is available on the back rest as an option
    (see Electron pack).

The one on the bottom of the chair is always there. The one on the backrest is optional. I was wondering if it was an option to order the chair without the one that is designed into the bottom of the chair that isn't an option without having to get someone else to cut it off.

Also the package I would want to keep it as light as possible has the rubber grip on the back of the seat. In order to get that package and the lightweight options would I be able to NOT have the rubber that would make me break out in a oozing rash every time I touched it? That's what I was wondering. I know ONE of the grips are an option, but it seems the other is not.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    You only have to take it out if you don`t want it

http://www.sunrisedice.com/asset-ban...tfile/4296.pdf
    The pdf fle says:

An oval ergonomic hand grip ensures balanced lifting of the
    chair from the cross bar for easy car transfers. An additional
    oval hand grip is available on the back rest as an option
    (see Electron pack).

The one on the bottom of the chair is always there. The one on the backrest is optional. I was wondering if it was an option to order the chair without the one that is designed into the bottom of the chair that isn't an option without having to get someone else to cut it off.

Also the package I would want to keep it as light as possible has the rubber grip on the back of the seat. In order to get that package and the lightweight options would I be able to NOT have the rubber that would make me break out in a oozing rash every time I touched it? That's what I was wondering. I know ONE of the grips are an option, but it seems the other is not.

Unless they changed the bolts and screws they use to keep the chair together I can't ever see me getting another Quickie anyway because they are terrible and fall apart too easily. It's great that they seem to have caught up with other manufacturers finally with the design, but if they use the same screws etc. then no matter what the design is there will be problems just like with all the other Quickie chairs before it.

I don`t know if you can order the oval tube without the rubber, but probably yes.

I spoke with Sunrise Medical and the chair is going to be avaible in Spain in Octuber.

can you order it from Germany??? hear in the usa

You can buy it in England and German, but i`m not really sure that Sunrise Medical would export it to you to USA, because they are there too, and probably they would like to wait until the chair can be available there.
    Contact with them http://www.sunrisemedical.com/corp_c...=1248540200059 and ask them when is going to be available the chair in USA.

there are a few relatively small uk-based online stores, like http://epc-wheelchairs.co.uk/ - they may be able to order and ship a helium for you, but you might have to ask nicely! fill in the order form on sunrisemedical.co.uk

http://www.mbees.co.uk/index.htm may also be able to do it