Thread: Please Help!

Question Please Help!

Hi, All...

I'm a newbie to this forum and have found it to be a great community!

I have severe cervical stenosis in C-5 thru C-7, along with a bulging disk, diagnosed by 2 MRI's.

I have "severe" pain in my right shoulder near the shoulder blade/trapesius, with an area that feels like a tight muscle or lump, that can be massaged to decrease the pain.

I'm wondering if this "shoulder pain" can be part of my neck problem, or do you think this is something separate. My Neurologist has sent me to a Neurosurgeon and he thinks that I do (indeed) need surgery on my neck, but like any other surgery, there is NO guarantee's.

I also have MS, which was diagnosed in 1995, with numbness/tingling on my right side.

I don't want to undergo surgery until I find out, for sure, that this shoulder pain is related to my neck.

My Neuro (now) has referred me back to my Primary Care Doctor for the shoulder pain, so I feel like this is going to be a long road ahead, with more testing, with possibly no answers??

Any ideas or thoughts on this matter?

Many thanks to all your comments/suggestions and ideas.

Katherine in Oregon

I was diagnosed with MS in 2007, but believe my symptoms began almost 25 years ago. I've also had two discs replaced. I have been very lucky to have found terrific doctors (Neurologist, Orthopedic doctor and Pain Management doctor). My neurologist referred me to a Pain Management doctor who I love. I see her once a month, and the pain has been under control for more than a year.
    Pam in Florida

yes it is probably related. im no doctor or anything. I have the same kind of thing with the shoulder blades and the lump. flexeril helps with that. take it in the evening and it may help for a couple of days as it does for me.

No advice, I just wanted to welcome you to the site fellow Oregonian Hope you find what your looking for.
    c3/c4, injured 2007