Thread: therapy and insurance

Thumbs down therapy and insurance

hey
    i' m in miami,and id like therapy but i found out that i only have 45 visits/a hour each,, with a copay of 25 bucks,,, thats like over 1000 dollars,,,,, i sint got that kind of cash with a budget of my apartment,food,etc.... but i need therapy to help with mat work,transferin, and also fes bike... can i work with tne insurance some way? i have aetna tjat coverin it,, bit i giess medacare wont cover the rest.....
    any sugestions?anyhing helps
    "With my lightnin' bolts a glowin'
    I can see where I am goin' to be
    when the reaper he reaches and touches my hand."

I would ask the therapist that you choose if there is a way that you could set up a home program and then come in less frequently to get checked out. They are not legally able to waive the co-pay - and I know that it stinks having to pay that much.

You could also see if you qualify for any type of "scholarship" from any of the hospitals that have PT programs.

I would encourage you to ask around and see if you can find anyone that is willing to help with the co-pay.

CKF

Woody, you should also call your insurance company and ask to have a case manager assigned to you. S/he will act as your advocate and work to help you get what you need.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar