Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folding shower chair

Folding shower chair

I am going to Sanibel Island for Thanksgiving this year and need a collapsible/folding shower chair with a cut out!

Anyone know where I can find one?
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Seenkid101 View Post
    I am going to Sanibel Island for Thanksgiving this year and need a collapsible/folding shower chair with a cut out!

Anyone know where I can find one?
    Hi SeenKid,

These chairs aren't cheap and regrettably Medicare doesn't cover them. Going to the bathroom in the bathroom must be considered a luxury. Medicare will pay for a bedside commode but as soon as you want to go to the bathroom, where ya should, in the bathroom, you're on your own.

http://www.spinlife.com/Activeaid-Re...roductID=71727

The folding version is an additional $100 and costs $1490. There are other options available.

It comes with either 24 or 20 inch wheels. I think the 20 inch wheels gives ya more "under there" clearance.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Mailing a shower chair

When I visited China in 2007 I mailed a shower chair to the unit I was staying a month before my flight departure. I used UPS Global and it got there in about ten days. It arrived safely with no broken parts. I also re-enforced the corners of the box. Now it is in storage for my next visit to China.

titanium4motion

do you need one with wheels? if not, the best idea may be to buy something non-collapsible somewhere online for $40 and have it shipped to your hotel, then just leave it behind. even if something collapses, it will still take up a lot of room, and they tend to be very expensive anyway.

easychoicemedical.com model 72000 it folds up and goes in your suitcase...not padded though

$160
    Luke 5:24

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    www.GoesAnywhere.com If you contact me directly I might be able to help you out on prices; Depends on which model.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    www.GoesAnywhere.com If you contact me directly I might be able to help you out on prices; Depends on which model.

r
    Thanks for the offer!! Although that isn't really what I am wanting nor looking for. I am going to keep looking, I might just buy a really cheap one and have it shipped there.

Thanks for everyone's help!!
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico

Cool

Here's an article I wrote which some viewers may be interested in with reference to traveling with a shower chair via air, airlines and airports:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Air-Travel...air&id=2357977
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I have barely used Nuprodx Multichair 3000 for sale (collapses into carrying case; fits in most overhead bins); retails for $975, asking $300