Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 43 years today!

43 years today!

I debated on writing about this or not, but the fact that other people often acknowledge the date of their anniversary emboldened me to mention mine. I am not sure what I feel about it one way or the other, except that it has been a very long time since I had free mobility. I am neither bummed, nor proud, or much of anything, but I admit I do feel something akin to nostalgia, and yet at the same time I realize how much I have done from a chair and that it might have made things tougher, but not insurmountable in most cases. I am going to buy myself some flowers today, and maybe have a nice lunch out as a way of marking still another year.

Very good, you go girl!!! Wow 43, don't think I could make it that long.

You are a survivor. I can't imagine 43 years....
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Wow, I wont say congratulations, cuz I don;t think it is quite appropriate, but when I know what you have done .... I can't imagine 43 years, I am only at 4.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Holy crap!!

Good for you!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Wow, that's more than my life expectancy!

I wish we could meet and learn from you how you do it in person!

Long time eh, Eileen? I think I understand how you feel. I wasn't sure when my 50 th came up if I should even bring it up either. Somehow to me it was pretty much another day although to some degree, I felt some confusion about it. Should I celebrate or not were the thoughts that ran through my mind. I guess to me it was a bit of nostalgic and sad but yet happy that I had been granted these many more years of life after the accident.

Do agree with you, the nostalgia for what was does keep coming back once in a while. I believe that you should also feel proud of yourself for all the achievements you have accomplished after your injury. You have reason to. The things faced duing those years back then were hard and here you are still going at it and not quitting. I think you should have somne sort of celebration and for you to pat yourself on the back too. You deserve it.

May you have many more and may they be filled with more happiness and health. I drink to you. Salud.

Raven
    Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
    but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Aww, thanks everybody. It is nice to be able to share it here, as usually with my AB friends it just comes and goes and I never even mention it to them. Thanks for your very kind words.
    Note to Mimi......the whole life expectancy thing is meant to be broken

Wink 08/26/77 will be my 32 year living as a quady

I lived 20 years AB. It was short and sweet. I was a a tough SOB/and still am!! Lived on the edge and it caught up with me. I was given a 2nd chance/or more to live. I have made the most of it with mostly success and kicked sci ass!

It's a mind game. It will never beat me in my lifetime. I'm still in a wc, spasms, some pain with other signs of aging and I still smile It is what it is. We all have journey's in life that take & make us grow. I choose to live my with the good and the bad.

Have a good/special day
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

Eileen I'm glad you mentioned it. You're one awesome lady!
    43 yrs in itself is a great accomplishment but to do it by yourself blows me away!
    After I talked to you and you explained how you take care of yourself.
    I was literally in awe of you and still don't know how you do it!
    Wishing you many, many years of happiness. (hugs) Mona